Dead One X: Options?

hocndoc#AC

May 20, 2010
Visit site
Driving through Dallas using Google Maps Navigation to get me out of downtown with HOX plugged in to the car and connected to car bluetooth phone (BMW Z4 2011 version that doesn't support bluetooth music, phone book but never causes other problems) when phone had a stroke.

Received a phone call, talked, hung up, then reached to turn off Navigation since I got to Hwy 75 while talking, screen blacked out, phone unresponsive. Verrrry hot at upper 1/3, while unplugged, for at least for the next 1 1/2 hours, while I'm driving to my destination.

No charging light, nothing. tried the power button, then power + volume reset. Even tried removing SIM card. Tried laptop USB; nothing on phone, nothing on Windows Explorer.

(Had troubles with "Car Dock" causing the screen to go black. Although easily fixed by turning off Car Dock, I learned not to use with navigation or Maps. Also had 2-3 "loading" episodes a day, but never noticed a pattern. Switched from Sprint EVO to my husband's ATT account 5/7/12. Love the improved service area, better mobile hotspot, even better reception in my house, learning to live with battery limitations, concerned about lack of memory card slot. Still, love the HOX. )

Two questions:

Is it dead-Dead? (Or is there a super secret reboot button somewhere?)

What are my options for replacement if there's no stock for the HOX?

live4nyy

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Which volume button did you use? I think its supposed to be vol down with the power button.

I would try my luck at a brick-n-mortar. The stores around me still have some.

neocryte

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
What did they tell you at the AT&T store?

I think the customs issue is solved, so the stores should be getting units shortly.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Kevin.. nice to see you're such a fan boy of the OneX.

Personally after watching the many videos etc about the new GS3, I'm going to wait to play with it since it looks completely amazing in all respects.

Am also gun shy about the One X due to all the issues that have popped up and it appears HTC has not done any fixes yet but am sure they will be coming.

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Shameless bump to the top.
Option for other phones on AT&T?
Does AT&T sell and support the international version?

Other than waiting for the Galaxy S3, nothing else that AT&T sells matches the 1X (in my opinion)
AT&T will not support the 1X international version where they do not sell it - Good luck hope this gets resolved for you quickly.

hocndoc#AC

May 20, 2010
Visit site
The local store had a replacement, their last HTC One phone. It"s still the best one out there unless I go back to my EVO.
Thanks for the tho'ts and assistance.
The salesman says this isn't the first cooked phone.

Sure 'nuff, the phone started getting hot before I left the store -- but it's the only one they have and I had a meeting in less than an hour.

Back to the options and decisions, I guess. (I told the ATT that they have until the Sprint EVO LTE is in stock to get me a good phone)

Last edited:

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I blame it on 75 traffic. That's enough to make anything go haywire. sorry to hear about your experience I've had nothing but a great experience with the One X. I go thru 6 or 7 devices a year and this one, while it has a few flaws is my favorite I've had. No way I'd switch to sprint just for the Evo. Their network is horrible in dfw compared to the rest. I just switched back to att from Verizon and while Verizon is probably best in most areas att is hands down best here in the Dallas area in my opinion. Add in the fact that att has a very solid LTE network already in place here and it doesn't make a lot of sense to go to sprint. I'd opt for the Note or Skyrocket if the replacement One X fails you. Or you could hold onto the One X till the galaxy s 3 is available then sell it on Craigslist or ebay and offset most of the cost of buying a gs3 full retail.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Kevin.. nice to see you're such a fan boy of the OneX.

Personally after watching the many videos etc about the new GS3, I'm going to wait to play with it since it looks completely amazing in all respects.

Am also gun shy about the One X due to all the issues that have popped up and it appears HTC has not done any fixes yet but am sure they will be coming.

Lol that's funny. I did say "as of today" right? So please tell me of a single AT&T store anywhere in the entire country that I can go to and get the SGSIII.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums