Like Tree125Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Angry Apple: Get A Life!!!

Your products are stale.

You're out of ideas.

Competition has led you to scum bag tactics and lawsuits instead of innovation and new competitive technologies.

Things have gotten so bad for you, that you can't even think of a name for your products, so you're just calling them the New _________

More importantly you're being greedy and anti-consumer, with tactics like this:

http://www.androidcentral.com/custom...lling-blow-htc

Nothing we all don't already know, but this company has gone from cocky to desperate.

Stop taking consumers hostage and let us have our phones. We will purchase our Android phones with or without you.
    Thanked by 35:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

Default Re: Apple: Get A Life!!!

Worst part about Apple's tactics, is that it's HURTING US! Not HTC!

This means that Apple is basically flipping the middle finger at potential iOS users, Ex-iOS users..

All the Android vendors are on the defensive, Apple is on the offensive. Being on the offensive can sometimes be called Anti-consumer. If Apple's main goal in life is to kill off Android, and not LICENSE it's ideas, than that's 100% anti-consumer, and the FTC, FCC, FDA and any other Federal Agency should smack Apple silly..
    Last edited by sniffs; 05-22-2012 at 11:22 AM.
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.
    qnet likes this.

Global Posts
    1,676 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

I hope this doesn't hurt HTC in the long run, I always liked their phones. I just bought a One X and it will be my 3rd HTC phone.

I like Apple products but, agree this is bad for consumers. I agree, they should just license the ideas instead of trying to take Android or other companies down. Now that consumers are familiar with Android I don't see how it would help eliminating them were there is only one option.

Aren't you one of the moderators? Sorry, but rants like this don't have a place in the conversation, either from the apple drones or the fandroids.
    Last edited by JHBThree; 05-22-2012 at 01:29 PM.
    Thanked by 3:
    _JKK_ and VickMackey#AC like this.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    ROM
    1.85.502.3 710RD

And the forum police are here.

How is what Apple doing any different from what other companies did to them in other countries around the world?
    Thanked by 3:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JHBThree View Post
    Aren't you one of the moderators? Sorry, but rants like this don't have a place in the conversation, either from the apple drones or the fandroids.

Forum Manager to be more specific.

Cory is allowed an opinion, regardless of his title here. And I completely agree with him.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 2:
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,207 Global Posts

I'm glad I listened to the latest podcast before seeing this thread. The last question the team answered seems pretty relevant to this topic.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola Moto G (173.44.20.falcon_cdma.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
    Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
    Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
    What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Community Rules & Guidelines - Mobile Nations Forums

Aren't you one of the moderators? Sorry, but [HL]rants like this don't have a place in the conversation[/HL], either from the apple drones or the fandroids.
    If we can't rant here, then WHERE?

We can't rant on the blog.
    We can't rant in the forums.

Since you've appointed yourself forums police, please tell us where we can rant an post opinion pieces. I'm sure we will all kowtow to your wishes, tape our mouths and fingers and submit posts to you for approval. Sure we will.

Quote Originally Posted by Ry View Post
    I'm glad I listened to the latest podcast before seeing this thread. The last question the team answered seems pretty relevant to this topic.
    Except they answered it wrong.

This was not a routine inspection.
    Ry

Global Posts
    7,207 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post
    Except they answered it wrong.

This was not a routine inspection.
    I'm referring to the community submitted questions at the end of the podcast, not the part of the podcast that covered the customs hold up.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
    Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!

Ry

Global Posts
    7,207 Global Posts

I would mind if a rant like this was a news/editorial item on the main page, but it's not. It's in the forums and that's fine.

The reason why I choose Android Central as my favorite source of news pertaining to all things Android is that the editorial staff of this site does a great job of not making every other article sound like it's coming from a fanboy.

Android Central 96: at about 1:08:00.
    a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo

awww... this is refreshing. others on the same page as me. apple is a joke and obviously is scared of Google (android) but i guess i dont blame them. they want to control the world with limited software.. good luck apple
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->
    Thanked by:
    PyrollisAhFiros likes this.

Here is EXACTLY why Apple is worried. It's not about the little patents here and there, it's much deeper than that..

When Apple first came out with their OS, it was a OS closely married to their hardware. You could not take their OS and install it on whatever device you wanted. Apple controlled everything from step A to step Z.

Microsoft "stole" their ideas, went on a licensing scheme and exploded, leaving Apple in the dust..

30 years later, Apple again, closely marries their OS to their hardware, step A to step Z. You can't take iOS and install it on any device you want. Google "steals" their ideas, goes on the same path that Microsoft took(I know it's not licensed, but it's not closely married to the hardware either) and leaves Apple in the dust.

It's happened twice to Apple while Steve Jobs was at the helm.. this is the #1 reason why Apple intends to sue all Android manufacturers..

Apple's always been a closed ecosystem.. They did have Mac clones briefly but Steve shut that shop up pretty quickly.
    Last edited by sniffs; 05-22-2012 at 03:54 PM.
    Thanked by 4:
    Cory Streater and 2defmouze like this.

Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post
    If we can't rant here, then WHERE?

We can't rant on the blog.
    We can't rant in the forums.

Since you've appointed yourself forums police, please tell us where we can rant an post opinion pieces. I'm sure we will all kowtow to your wishes, tape our mouths and fingers and submit posts to you for approval. Sure we will.
    The forum is not a rant zone about other companies folks come here about issues they ha e with their device not to rant about apple and the itc and customs just my thoughts I know I didn't join this to hear folks go off about apple I can go to blog sites or YouTube for that.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    PhoneJunkie

Iphone 5s
    HTC One (M8)
    Nexus 5

Sold (HTC One X, iPhone 4s, Ipad Mini, Galaxy S3, and S4 LG Optimus G Pro)

Quote Originally Posted by sniffs View Post
    Here is EXACTLY why Apple is worried. It's not about the little patents here and there, it's much deeper than that..

When Apple first came out with their OS, it was a OS closely married to their hardware. You could not take their OS and install it on whatever device you wanted.

Microsoft "stole" their ideas, went on a licensing scheme and exploded, leaving Apple in the dust..

30 years later, Apple again, closely marries their OS to their hardware, you can't take iOS and install it on any OS you want. Google "steals" their ideas, goes on the same path that Microsoft took(I know it's not licensed, but it's not closely married to the hardware either) and leaves Apple in the dust.

It's happened twice to Apple while Steve Jobs was at the helm.. this is the #1 reason why Apple intends to sue all Android manufacturers..
    Nicely said...

PhoneJunkie

Iphone 5s
    HTC One (M8)
    Nexus 5

Sold (HTC One X, iPhone 4s, Ipad Mini, Galaxy S3, and S4 LG Optimus G Pro)

After reading that article this morning that is an interesting point the about HTC's value in the market these days. Hard to believe a successful device/company like HTC is struggling in the market, problems that stem from having to deal with Apple's continuous lawsuits and roadblocks to Android based suppliers/companies.

Note: Yes I'm a Forums Moderator, but I do like to have a little input or opinion every now and then
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Quote Originally Posted by sniffs View Post

When Apple first came out with their OS, it was a OS closely married to their hardware. You could not take their OS and install it on whatever device you wanted. Apple controlled everything from step A to step Z.

30 years later, Apple again, closely marries their OS to their hardware, step A to step Z. You can't take iOS and install it on any device you want. Google "steals" their ideas, goes on the same path that Microsoft took(I know it's not licensed, but it's not closely married to the hardware either) and leaves Apple in the dust.

Apple's always been a closed ecosystem.. They did have Mac clones briefly but Steve shut that shop up pretty quickly.
    I agree, this is the #1 reason, but this falls all on apple. Im not dissing the i products, im dissing the company. its poor managment trying to point fingers and play the name game and then be shocked when people fire back. its just pathetic. I dont see Google trying to sue them for stealing the new pull down notifications they magically have now..... hmmmm. Thats because Google doesnt care as they choose to advance and not be childish like them. the Nark is a friend of no one.
    Samsung GS4 GPE | LG Nexus 4 - Sold | GNexus - Sold | HTC One S - Broke | Vibrant - Retired
    Spread some love, Like/Thanks button -->
    Thanked by 2:

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    ROM
    1.85.502.3 710RD

Quote Originally Posted by cashinout View Post
    The forum is not a rant zone about other companies folks come here about issues they ha e with their device not to rant about apple and the itc and customs just my thoughts I know I didn't join this to hear folks go off about apple I can go to blog sites or YouTube for that.
    If you see a thread titled "Apple: Get A Life!!!", assume it's a rant thread. You're not forced to read anything, so dont try and impose your own form of censorship just because you don't like the content of a post. If you don't like it, you don't have to read it, its really not that hard.

Can't blame apple, they are running rather scared & have been for at least 18months now.

Their aim is to slow down the inevitable, android is more powerful, offers loads more customer choice regarding both OS & devices, has a much larger market share (already) & will soon to be the largest appstore, & android is only going to grow in both devices & apps, whereas iPhone is just a single brand & their appstore will slow down, as they lose more & more market share to android devices.

Apple have to play dirty to slow all this down, of course it's disgusting to see, but I think it's their only option for a company running scared.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryandroid86 View Post
    I agree, this is the #1 reason, but this falls all on apple. Im not dissing the i products, im dissing the company. its poor managment trying to point fingers and play the name game and then be shocked when people fire back. its just pathetic. I dont see Google trying to sue them for stealing the new pull down notifications they magically have now..... hmmmm. Thats because Google doesnt care as they choose to advance and not be childish like them. the Nark is a friend of no one.

Google only recently was granted the patent for the pull down notification. And software patents work differently than you think.

Apple isn't really infringing on Google's pull down notification system. With software patents, you have to be infringing on EVERYTHING that is patented.

In Google's notification system, you see a notification drop in, leaving an app icon in the bar and pull the bar down to see the notifications that can be cleared 1 at a time, or all with the "Clear" button.

In Apple's notification system, you see a rotating/rolling popup that disappears and have to pull the bar down to see the notification which can only be cleared 1 at a time. The notification popup is different, and there is no "Clear/Clear All" button, so Apple isn't infringing on the patent.

If Apple's system showed a popup in the top bar that had an email icon that stayed, along with any other notification icon, and had a "clear all" type of button, it would be infringing.
    Last edited by sniffs; 05-22-2012 at 04:55 PM.
    Thanked by:
    Ry 

Didn't Motorola do this to Apple in Germany?

Quote Originally Posted by juststart View Post
    Didn't Motorola do this to Apple in Germany?
    Apple sued Motorola, Motorola counter sued on their push notification system, got it shut down.

Apple has and always will be the aggressor.. it's pretty crappy tactics.

In the end, it's us consumers that lose.

Mark my words: Apple's stock will tank in the next 3-5 years. Foxconn dropping $210 million on a new plant? Tim Cook wanting to take control over more of their supply chain?

We didn't spend that much on a new CAR plant a few years ago...and you can make a lot of money on those. They're in trouble.
Page 1 of 13 1234 ... LastLast