I just got my brand new HTC One X with ATT! Good by Sprint!

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Hello guys!

After thinking this through I have made up my mind and left Sprint! I had an HTC Evo 3D at the time and I loved my time with the phone. So I am keeping with the HTC path and picked me up a white HOX! After having it for about an hour I already love it! Still loving Sense 4.0 and ICS. The screen is just AMAZING!

Is there anything that I should know? Maybe something about ATT Vs Sprint? I left due to network issues. Shotty 3G coverage and no LTE or Wimax. The HSPA+ IS already lighting times faster! So my battery life will be better just from the none roaming alone. I may miss the unlimited data but 3Gigs is more than enough for me at this time!

I really do look forward to using this device more! :)

Either way! Long live the HTC EVO line! As I know it has a huge following.

Last edited:

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
You got a great phone.

Att will be good for you. Always choose the carrier with the. Best coverage.

Where I'm at I have a good choice. Good coverage with ar&t, verizon,sprint, tmobile.

Im with sprint and.have good download speed

I will be getting either the htc evo lte or the gs3

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

hayate01

May 23, 2012
Visit site
Just wondering.. why did you decide to take the HOX over the Evo 4G LTE (basically the better version of the US One series)? Just because of the network alone? The HOX design?

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Just wondering.. why did you decide to take the HOX over the Evo 4G LTE (basically the better version of the US One series)? Just because of the network alone? The HOX design?

He said why he left sprint. Sprint doesn't have good coverage where he is at.

Sent from my LS670 using Android Central Forums

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site

The network was the biggest factor. Over the past 10 years that I have been with Sprint I have noticed my bill becomes more and more pricey. So really I am not longer saving $30 a month. Plus with ATT I get a discount of 20% off of my bill due to work. 3G in Vermont from Sprint is not all that great.

The design of the Evo LTE was fine. But over all I like the cleaner look of the ATT/Unlocked version. The kickstand is not something that I care for but a case could easily remedy that if it was an issue. Plus the back of the Sprint version is not as nice. Then again I would have made it hidden by my Otterbox case anyways! So it was a VERY minor thing.

So mostly is it was the bigger bang for the buck.

jnl813

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Good choice and congrats man! I am getting my Evo LTE tomorrow! as the rest of us are on the Evo Lte ofrums ( those who like me pre ordered):cool:

Either way they are both great phones!

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
There are some issues with the HOX. Most notably WiFi showing still available when put of range, text notifications not always showing up. Just normal bugs that will be taken care of with an update.
There is way more to like about the phone versus issues. To solve text issue I have a live wallpaper that makes a cracking sound when I get a notification

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Good choice and congrats man! I am getting my Evo LTE tomorrow! as the rest of us are on the Evo Lte ofrums ( those who like me pre ordered):cool:

Either way they are both great phones!

Awesome! I hope it treats you well! So far I love my experience with the hox!

irishman06

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to the club. I switched off an epic 4G non-touch model. The data is way better, mms has stopped sucking, and I have a badass white phone :).

nuprotocol

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Switched too. Only b/c of no LTE with Sprint and I'm paying the same per month. Plus now I have the intended OneX design and LTE is amazing. Feels like I'm always on a fast wifi network no matter where I go.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20