Unlocked One X

Timbacak

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
Is there a way to find out if the phone I have is unlocked, without putting a different sim?
the phone i bought was an att unlocked phone, but I am on att and don't have another sim to test it, is there a way to check if its unlocked? also if i upgrade to a new ROM will it erase the unlock?
thanks

live4nyy

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
Is there a way to find out if the phone I have is unlocked, without putting a different sim?
the phone i bought was an att unlocked phone, but I am on att and don't have another sim to test it, is there a way to check if its unlocked? also if i upgrade to a new ROM will it erase the unlock?
thanks

An unlocked sim will not be affected by custom ROMs, they are two separate things.

As for testing it I think the only way to tell is with a different sim. You can probably go to a different provider and ask for an unactivated sim to put in the phone and it should give different messages depending on if it's unlocked or not (eg. Restricted vs Not activated). Maybe?

furygoalbrtis39

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Wait so did you buy the phone from att? Because then it is definitely locked to att. The international GSM version comes unlocked I believe.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2