Dual-Core LTE vs. Quad-core HSPA+

Hussein Hashi

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

This is my first Android phone switching over from BlackBerry and I had one question regarding the two different flavours of OneX available in the market. I just got the International OneX Quad-core and I am thinking of switching it with the dual-core LTE based version.

Do you guys think this is advisable? Is there a notable drop-off in performance from dual-core to quad-core?

I am very impressed with what this phone can do so far. Had a few awe moments already!

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
A few things to consider...

LTE will run your battery down! Also you can not turn LTE off currently on t he LTE version. (Rooting and ROMs may help with this.)

The Quad version is still better with performance. Not by a ton but its still a better CPU.

Now I do not have LTE in my area and I have the S4 version and I love it so far. It's gonna really depend on what your needs are. Do you need better download speeds? Or would you rather have the better CPU?

I am sure there are other +/- out there. But at the end of the day the user still needs to know their needs. The S4 for me is more than enough! Even without LTE.

Reactions: Hussein Hashi

Hussein Hashi

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Thanks!!
Yeah, well download speeds is important to me but I don't think I'd be willing to sacrifice battery life. I'm happy to join android nation, and can finally attest that the grass is really greener on the other side!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thanthan23