Does the HOX really need a case?

furygoalbrtis39

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I know it has gorilla glass 2, but I'm still skeptical on how it will hold up to drops. It just seems like such a fragile phone. What do you guys think?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Also IMO a case can not hurt. When you get a really nice device you always want it to look its best! Plus it will keep its resale value too! :)

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Take the money you were going to put toward a case and put it toward a square trade warranty.

If you are really rough with your phones or work some place where you take a few knocks, like construction or something, then it might be worth it.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Well if you get a white one you should, if only b/c it seems to take on whatever color your pockets are.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
Well if you get a white one you should, if only b/c it seems to take on whatever color your pockets are.

I was hearing Windex can help you out with this issue. I have yet to see it my self but I am also currently using the OtterBox Defender case too. So that helps too.

furygoalbrtis39

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I've never been a fan of otterbox. I have a speck candyshell grip right now, but the phone feels too bulky with it on IMO.

jspidey

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Someone did a video drop testing the One X and when it fell nearly face first it shattered. Oddly, and and thankfully, it was still usable (my friends Evo did the same thing - shattered but was still fully functional).. If anything, get a case to protect the camera lens. Without a case the lens rests flat on the surface it's on (might not be 100% flush but it's close enough).

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Just get a screen protecter and call it a day. The new Zagg HD screen protecter is great and I don't like Zagg products but the new HD are like glass and smooth to the touch.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I got the Otterbox defender! Just gotta clean it every 2 weeks or so! Either way if you baby your phone a screen protector is never a bad idea.

neocryte

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine has some scratches on the body after a month of use. I have the white one, and it does not take on the color of my pockets - has stayed white. I don't care about the scratches, but the phone is slippery as hell without any sort of case.

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
I also thought I didn't need a case with a form factor as sexy as the One X's, although I'm very much a phone case guy. But the two nicks I got on the side of the phone were wakeup calls. I got a matte red case afterwards. Love it ever since.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

dylan808

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
as much as i love this phone naked (the unibody is SO solid). i have a habit of buying tons of cases for my phone.. i'm already at 5.. i can't seem to keep one on for more than a few days before taking it off..

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I thought the HOX was made from the same scratch proof materials as the lumia 900? If so with gorilla glass2 and that same material why would a case be needed? I do have the speck case on mine but I would like to not have to buy one at all. Do we put.cases on our cars lol

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I've dropped my phone once onto a grocery store floor. I watched in horror, and in slow motion as my phone landed on a corner and slide face down on the floor. I almost cried like a little girl as I picked my phone up.

when I flipped it over, it had 0 damage. No damage to the outside shell, nor the screen. That was my 1 free drop... an hour later I had a hardshell case on it.. I would agree that the One X is sexy, but with a clear case, you can still see it's sexyness.

x5denali

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I have no case on mine, and bought from BestBuy so I have the security of their Black Tie protection program for $9.99/mo. in case I drop or damage. ZERO deductible (+buy back program is definitely the way to go)