Fix: Restore App Association For YouTube Links

GumboChief

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Caveat: I performed this on an Evo 3D running ICS Sense. But it seems to impact all phone models running ICS Sense.

One thing that was killing me after upgrading to ICS Sense is that I lost the ability to select either the native app, or TubeMate, when clicking on a YouTube link.

It would only open the YouTube link in the browser.

Well, using Titanium backup, I first backed up, then uninstalled "HtcLinkifyDispatcher"

Now, when I click on a YouTube link, I get my old screen back.
This may also work with other links. I have yet to test.

luimoran

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
How do links within other apps behave? Can you still click on a link in the native text message app and have it open the appropriate app (such as dialer or web browser)?

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else being bothered by this? This is huge to me and I think it sucks. Clicking on links from other apps and it opens them in the browser instead of their respective apps is much of a deal breaker. Clicking on a YouTube app in Google+ and opening it in the browser...horrible. I did root and delete that apk, but it started to have issues else where...example if I click a link in the YouTube app, the app would crash. And it didn't restore the app association with other apps. Ugh.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
you can thank Apple for that.

The HTClinkifydispatcher app was put there because HTC wanted their devices to pass through customs.

Last edited:

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
You can also manually make changes to a file on the phone which restores the links. There was a post on this site telling you how to do it, I can't find it now.

opec

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
This is a big deal to me. I heavily use Chrome to Phone, and it's very annoying not being able to open things in youtube, becuase there is no easy way to then manually open the link in the youtube app. One example: I use an app called "sc2casts pro" to watch some starcraft matches on youtube. When you click on the match you want to watch, instead of opening in the youtube app like it's supposed to, it just begins to download a .swf file.... What?! That's ridiculous...

wantabe

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Delete HTClinkifydispatcher.apk and HTClinkifydispatcher.odex in system/app using root explorer or whatever file manager. Then using root explorer go to /system and open build.prop by long-pressing and choosing "Open in Text Editor" find the line that says “ro.da1.enable” and change the value from true to false. Doing this will make all the links in txt and emails and other apps work like they should. Reboot into recovery, wipe the cache partition and dalvik cache. After having to go through all this you can then curse the black turtle-neck wearing nazi. :D

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Can I do that with es file explorer or do I have to be rooted? It started for me with the latest Gingerbread update. It's ruining my user experience

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer