07-01-2012 07:05 PM
- When I "share" a pic from my gallery to Facebook, it uploads two pics instead of just one. I've noticed that I've got two FB choices when uploading (thinking this might be part of the reason) - Facebook for HTC Sense and just Facebook. I've been using the "Facebook" option (honestly I've not used the "for HTC Sense" version but I probably should to see what happens). I only have one FB app in the drawer, but when I go to Settings | Apps | All, I do see FB and FB for HTC Sense.
Not only do I get two pictures posted, I get two progress bars that hang in my notification window like so:
It's been like this for almost 24 hours now and I cannot just swipe them away. I've tried killing the FB tasks (using the included Task Manager). I've not rooted or anything else at this time. Rebooting will clear them both.
Has this happened to anyone else?05-29-2012 03:41 PM
- Cyber WarriorRobots Will KillGo into Settings>Accounts & Sync and you should most likely see two Facebook accounts.... the regular Facebook app and Facebook for HTC Sense... disable or delete one of the accounts. Since you already have two FB accounts running and syncing.. you will probably need to delete both accounts and then re-add the one that you want to use to clear up any duplicates already in progress.... same goes for removing the contacts and then re-syncing them back onto the phone.
If you want the actual Facebook app (Profile, Inbox, Notifications, Friends, etc) then get Facebook for Android. Facebook for HTC Sense only ties in Facebook integration into contacts and when you share your photos.05-29-2012 04:08 PMLike 1
- I had checked that before and I only have one Facebook account under the Sync menu - but that was a good suggestion. I'll delete/remove the FB app to see what happens and try testing some more (my wife has commandeered the phone for the time being). I don't recall if it was preinstalled or not so it might just be "removing the updates" instead. I'll try to disable the FB for HTC Sense app and try again first.
Survey says... I already had the "FB for HTC Sense" disabled and, yes, the FB app I'm using is the "FB for Android" from the Play Store. Will have to uninstall and try again later.05-29-2012 07:08 PM
- Uninstalled FB updates (cannot delete it) . It's now at version 1.8.4. Both notification entries went away as expected. Uploaded (shared) another pic and only have on FB choice - just the plain old Facebook and not the HTC Sense version (which I didn't expect). Uploaded the pic and had two notification entries again. This time one completed but the other stopped at 60%, however, only one pic was uploaded. strange...
Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums05-29-2012 08:22 PM
- this happened to me i just did a reset and it worked stopped them both and havent had it sense i use the regular facebook as well because i had a bad experience with the sense version i would upload a pic and comment and for some reason it would not show up until like next day or hours later like its stuck in some server htc runs05-29-2012 08:36 PM
- Power reset or factory reset?
Tried again. Did a power reset (I have the fastboot option disabled btw) updated the fb app and tested again. Only getting on pic uploaded thankfully, but I still get two notifications - again, one completes and the other hangs.
Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums05-29-2012 08:47 PM
- So I found the cause of my issue.
I've been using Facebook for Android and Friendcaster, deciding which I like better. For some reason when sharing a pic via FB for Android, Friendcaster felt the need to try sending a pic as well. Once I removed Friendcaster the issue stopped occurring.
Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums06-01-2012 08:28 AM
- I think your only choices would be to only leave one signed in or remove Friendstream. I opted to remove Friendcaster and inform the dev. I've not heard any update on it so I guess I'm just rolling with the official FB app.
Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums06-03-2012 07:10 PM
- Well, I I'm back which can only mean one thing - more double pictures again. I've only got the official FB app and Foursquare installed (which was installed when I had the issue last time too). I had opened a ticket with HTC last time and they were unable to duplicate the problem.... Yay.
Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums06-07-2012 09:20 PM
- I have the same problem. I tried disabling facebook htc sense and Friend Stream, but still seeing double uploads.
One interesting thing to note, which makes me suspect it's the facebook app itself that has the bug, is that if you kill the facebook app through task manager, the stuck upload goes away.06-12-2012 04:23 PM
- I am having the same issue. Double upload of pics and videos. Second upload will sometimes hang and need a power reboot to remove it. I have tried uninstalling facebook for android. I have also revoked the HTC Sense app from Facebook webpage under settings and apps. When I go to reinstall the app on the phone, it asks for permission for HTC Sense 3.5. I click ok and it asks again. I have clicked ok once and had the same issue and clicked no on it and still have the same issue.
Sprint HTC Evo 4G LTE06-26-2012 08:53 PM
- Same problem here. Tried the trouble-shooting above with no help. Interestingly, it seems that if you upload a pic via the facebook app (rather than through your gallery "share" function), the upload will work fine -- no duplicates, no hanging notifications requiring you to clear data in the app. I've now done several tests and the picture upload works everytime if done inside the facebook app. Opposite result everytime if I upload through my gallery. Annoying, since I always use the latter.07-01-2012 07:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD