Data Connection Issue

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
Several of us have reported the LTE/HSPA+ data disconnect issue here. I've swapped sims, gotten a replacement phone, emailed repeatedly with HTC and spent 45 minutes on the phone with them yesterday. Tonight my sim is in my wife's phone in one last ditch effort to prove to HTC that they do have a problem.

During my call with them last night I was told that they are not aware of this issue. To that end, I ask each of you that has experienced the data disconnect issue (you have LTE/HSPA+ service but can't transfer data) to contact HTC at 866-449-8358 or via their site WWW.HTC.com/us/contact/contact-us

The more reports of the issue the more likely we are to see a fix.

Thanks!

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
It's not att other forums folks have had the same issue it's the way the phone handles switching from what folks in xda say.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I have not been able get a data connection since 330 this afternoon. I'm Using wifi. I was turned it on turned it off it won't connect.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

kwsea2340

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm on my second sim and second device as well with AT&T. Both have done the exact same thing, not being able to reconnect to service after it has dropped, having to use airplane mode to fix it.. etc. I've contacted HTC but the only things they've suggested are to change a couple of the settings which were already set to what they suggested, haven't been much of a help. I'm really REALLY hoping its a software issue because my 30 days are up in a couple of days and EVERYWHERE is out of stock due to that patent/customs crap.
Updating to 1.85.502 seems to have made it worse, with connection issues happening seemingly now whenever I have less than 2 bars.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
It's stupidly frustrating. I've called HTC and emailed them, they gave me some basic steps to do to troubleshoot and it didn't fix it. The guy, Casey, said he forwarded my complaint to the development team.

I really do hope they can fix this, it's ridiculous. 2-4 bars of 4G-LTE yet no data! nothing.. have to airplane mode on/off to get it to work.

Spunk

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. It happens once or twice a day, usually when I am trying to get on the internet, not during the middle of a session. The swirly thing just spins and spins. It happens all over the nation (I work with the airlines) on regular 4G and LTE with 3-4 bars. HTC wasn't much help, blaming AT&T. I'll keep trying and hopefully they keep up with the forums.

Spunk:mad:

jess.hickey

Nov 23, 2010
Visit site
If you've started a ticket with them, keep at it. It took me better than a week of emailing with them before they finally called me. Now that I've spoken with an HTC rep they have escalated my case with their "escalations team". I've just now sent them software info, hboot and radio info, etc...along with a list of every app I have installed on the device.

The rep I've been talking with, Joseph, says they don't really monitor the forums which is why I posted the information on how to contact them.

kwsea2340

May 22, 2012
Visit site
It's stupidly frustrating. I've called HTC and emailed them, they gave me some basic steps to do to troubleshoot and it didn't fix it. The guy, Casey, said he forwarded my complaint to the development team.

I really do hope they can fix this, it's ridiculous. 2-4 bars of 4G-LTE yet no data! nothing.. have to airplane mode on/off to get it to work.

The person who emailed me was named Casey also haha..

I asked them to notify the development team of the issue and that many people are also experiencing it, but I haven't received a reply yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech