Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 19 of 19
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jwburkhard
  • 1 Post By jyoho1981
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Where is 1.85! It's the last day of the month!

    Come on HTC, we're all patiently waiting for you to fix the dang bugs on this phone. I hate it when a company says "late (insert month here)" and it's the VERY LAST F-N DAY. Probably will get released at 11:59pm also.

    I know 1.85 is out, and can be installed manually but that wipes your phone! I want the OTA already..

    anyone else get 1.85 OTA yet?
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Where is 1.85! It's the last day of the month!

    nope, and I'm waiting until somebody says they got it, because AT&T will make you wait 24hrs to recheck for new software once you try.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Where is 1.85! It's the last day of the month!

    Crap! I forgot about that. .I checked earlier today. I hope the OTA pushes out regardless of the upgrade check..
    Possible Errors Between Keyboard And Chair.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Where is 1.85! It's the last day of the month!

    Quote Originally Posted by sniffs View Post
    Come on HTC, we're all patiently waiting for you to fix the dang bugs on this phone. I hate it when a company says "late (insert month here)" and it's the VERY LAST F-N DAY. Probably will get released at 11:59pm also.

    I know 1.85 is out, and can be installed manually but that wipes your phone! I want the OTA already..

    anyone else get 1.85 OTA yet?
    First, AT&T is probably the one holding up the update, not HTC.

    Second, the "end of the month" timeline was just a rumor, it was never announced or became "Official".
  5. #5  
    furygoalbrtis39's Avatar

    Posts
    70 Posts
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    ROM
    2.20 Stock, AOKP

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by live4nyy View Post
    First, AT&T is probably the one holding up the update, not HTC.

    Second, the "end of the month" timeline was just a rumor, it was never announced or became "Official".
    Exactly. HTC probably gave the update to AT&T ages ago.
    And it was a rumor. Not an announcement by att or HTC

    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    "I contend that we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."
    -Stephen Roberts
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Where is 1.85! It's the last day of the month!

    If 1.85 breaks root (as rumored), I do not want it.

    And I know there is a work-around kinda thing to get root back on 1.85, but it is far from a one-click type of solution. If I have to change my CID and unlock my bootloader to just get root back, I'll pass on the update.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Where is 1.85! It's the last day of the month!

    if only carriers understood how excited we all get about updates... they could just send out fake updates haha.
  8. #8  
    jwburkhard's Avatar

    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    ROM
    1.85.502.3 710RD

    Default Re: Where is 1.85! It's the last day of the month!

    1.85 doesn't fix anything, so hope its 1.90 or something better.
    pounder001 likes this.
  9. #9  
    jyoho1981's Avatar

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts

    Default Re: Where is 1.85! It's the last day of the month!

    Quote Originally Posted by jburkco View Post
    1.85 doesn't fix anything, so hope its 1.90 or something better.
    It may have not done anything for you however it resolved every problem I had.
    swhoutx likes this.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Where is 1.85! It's the last day of the month!

    I have had a HOX since it came out and haven't encountered any problems.
  11. #11  
    jwburkhard's Avatar

    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    ROM
    1.85.502.3 710RD

    Default Re: Where is 1.85! It's the last day of the month!

    Quote Originally Posted by joho0905 View Post
    It may have not done anything for you however it resolved every problem I had.
    Being that I have tested it on 2 different HOX phones, and the same issues persist across both, in addition to the same results found by the majority of those over at XDA I would say that whatever it "fixed" for you is nothing more then a placebo effect.

    If the update doesn't fix the reported issues across the board to all devices, then the update isn't a fix. If it fixes 1 out of every 10, it's more likely that the 1 person who claims a magical fix, likely didn't have or notice the issues the majority of us are finding with the phone in the first place.

    The only thing that 1.85 has consistently done is fix the root exploit for 1.73 & 1.82, if anything it's made the radio even worse.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Where is 1.85! It's the last day of the month!

    It's also not an official release, so until AT&T sends OTA I think it's ridiculous for people to state this does or doesn't fix anything. Who knows, by the time AT&T releases, it might be 1.90...


    Quote Originally Posted by jburkco View Post
    Being that I have tested it on 2 different HOX phones, and the same issues persist across both, in addition to the same results found by the majority of those over at XDA I would say that whatever it "fixed" for you is nothing more then a placebo effect.

    If the update doesn't fix the reported issues across the board to all devices, then the update isn't a fix. If it fixes 1 out of every 10, it's more likely that the 1 person who claims a magical fix, likely didn't have or notice the issues the majority of us are finding with the phone in the first place.

    The only thing that 1.85 has consistently done is fix the root exploit for 1.73 & 1.82, if anything it's made the radio even worse.
    Thanked by:
  13. #13  
    jwburkhard's Avatar

    Posts
    61 Posts
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    ROM
    1.85.502.3 710RD

    Default Re: Where is 1.85! It's the last day of the month!

    Quote Originally Posted by lucidlyseen View Post
    It's also not an official release, so until AT&T sends OTA I think it's ridiculous for people to state this does or doesn't fix anything. Who knows, by the time AT&T releases, it might be 1.90...
    It's not ridiculous to state that 1.85 doesn't fix anything when it doesn't, considering the title of the thread is "Where is 1.85".
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Where is 1.85! It's the last day of the month!

    yes, where is 1.85 from AT&T "official" not some leaked upgrade. I usually don't install these leaks because they can be both unstable and possibly not do anything as is your case.

    Let's all wait for the official update before we start saying the upcoming update doesn't fix anything.

    Hey I'll be the first to be pissed if the official update doesn't fix my wifi issues, but until then, I just wait...

    Quote Originally Posted by jburkco View Post
    It's not ridiculous to state that 1.85 doesn't fix anything when it doesn't, considering the title of the thread is "Where is 1.85".
  15. #15  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lucidlyseen View Post
    yes, where is 1.85 from AT&T "official" not some leaked upgrade. I usually don't install these leaks because they can be both unstable and possibly not do anything as is your case.

    Let's all wait for the official update before we start saying the upcoming update doesn't fix anything.

    Hey I'll be the first to be pissed if the official update doesn't fix my wifi issues, but until then, I just wait...
    I agree 100%

    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    PhoneJunkie

    Iphone 5s
    HTC One (M8)
    Nexus 5

    Sold (HTC One X, iPhone 4s, Ipad Mini, Galaxy S3, and S4 LG Optimus G Pro)
  16. #16  
    cgardnervt's Avatar

    Posts
    3,354 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

    Default Re: Where is 1.85! It's the last day of the month!

    Its dumb that its been all most a month and not a single OTA has been released. If we dont see it soon I will be sending my phone back and wait for another flagship device to be released. Its a great phone but HTC seems to show little to no interest in it. Or ATT for that matter. In any case it doesn't matter. We need updates to fix the bugs. Maybe I will just wait up and get the SIII. Who knows!

    Cheers...
  17. #17  
    robstunner's Avatar
    Android Connoisseur

    Posts
    729 Posts
    Global Posts
    912 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    Its dumb that its been all most a month and not a single OTA has been released. If we dont see it soon I will be sending my phone back and wait for another flagship device to be released. Its a great phone but HTC seems to show little to no interest in it. Or ATT for that matter. In any case it doesn't matter. We need updates to fix the bugs. Maybe I will just wait up and get the SIII. Who knows!

    Cheers...
    Galaxy nexus just got its first update in 6 months. 1 month so far is not that bad....

    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
  18. #18  
    cgardnervt's Avatar

    Posts
    3,354 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by robstunner View Post
    Galaxy nexus just got its first update in 6 months. 1 month so far is not that bad....

    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Yes but your Blue tooth works. Your wifi works. Mine on the other hand is hit or miss. (for a gnex user.)

    When I had me evo 3D we bad updates the day it came out. Just saying...

    Cheers...

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
  19. #19  
    robstunner's Avatar
    Android Connoisseur

    Posts
    729 Posts
    Global Posts
    912 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cgardner View Post
    Yes but your Blue tooth works. Your wifi works. Mine on the other hand is hit or miss. (for a gnex user.)

    When I had me evo 3D we bad updates the day it came out. Just saying...

    Cheers...

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    My WiFi is hit or miss. Bluetooth is fine however it only gets connected to my Subaru and nothing else.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Posting Permissions