Beats audio notification (mini rant)

snoopgoat

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Am I the only one annoyed by the beats audio notification? Seriously, what's the point of having the notification to take up space? I can't seem to find a setting to permanently disable the notification. I'm hoping one of you smart Rom cookers, include this in your to-do. I know HTC paid like 50 gazillion dollars for beats, I don't know why they constantly have to rub it in our face. We get it, the phone has "beats by Dr dre". Isn't the logo on the back of the phone enough? Why take up our precious notification area with un-swipeable beats notification? I can't tell if it's bad ui design or brute force advertisement. Either way, I'll pay to never see the beats notification ever again. Just have a setting that has beats permanently on. I have no need to toggle it on/off.

End of rant....

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
You can turn it on and off with it, so it does have some function built in.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

snoopgoat

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I guess. Although, to be honest, I can't tell the difference when it's on or off :). Like I said, it'll be nice (logical) if HTC took an extra 5mins to add a setting for it, so you can choose to permanently have beats or not to have beats on. I don't even know why anyone would want it off anyway. Unless if it eats up battery life?

Developer of Dock for Android/iOS/webOS, Panes for iPad, Glimpse for TouchPad

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Settings / Apps / ALL
Scroll to HTC Beats Notify, and tap
Tap Disable

Exit to desktop, plug in headphones and TaDa no beats notifier, but beats still works.

That being said, I re-enabled it because, as posed above it does have some functionality.

Last edited:
Reactions: edessl

snoopgoat

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Ah, yes. Why didn't I think of that. Thanks. Although, ideally, I'd want the beats permanently on while being disabled (if that makes any sense :) ). But that works for me

Developer of Dock for Android/iOS/webOS, Panes for iPad, Glimpse for TouchPad

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
If you can't hear the difference between having beats on or off you probably need better headphones, honestly. It's night and day for almost any kind of music I listen to. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. It really depends on my mood and type of music that I'm listening to.

Bob Frankenberger

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
You are not. I retired my evo to be a Bluetooth media server and I have all sounds turned off. Dr Beats play the notification sound every 5 minutes whether its on or off -It's annoying.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech