Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Default Re: Just Returned My One X

Wow I really wanted to try this phone but these issues seem pretty bad

I have absolutely zero issues with mine. Moreover I love it. The only reason not to buy this would be if you absolutely need more than 16 gigs of storage. Honestly, moving from an evo 3d a lot is the same, but everything is just so much nicer on the hox that's it's a completely different experience.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
    juststart and jayinwny like this.

I dunno why ppl keep saying the multitasking issue is overblown. It's very real and present. If you haven't noticed it, you either don't use your phone or you're in denial (no offense). In some cases, you can live with it (e.g. webpage reload) in some cases, it's catastrophic (like loosing what you were typing in the notes app because you switched to quickly check something else). Yes, that actually happened to me. Luckily, what I was typing wasn't too important, otherwise I might be filing a lawsuit against HTC

Developer of Dock for Android/iOS/webOS, Panes for iPad, Glimpse for TouchPad
    Thanked by:
    Tom S. 

...also, I've noticed no one has mentioned the possible side effects of apps having to reload all the time. Like data gobbling. It may be a far stretch, but having apps reload all the time may bring you closer to breaching your data cap. Makes me wonder if this is a deliberate attempt by att...

Developer of Dock for Android/iOS/webOS, Panes for iPad, Glimpse for TouchPad

Quote Originally Posted by methos2 View Post
    Wow! I'm sorry it went bad from you. I will keep watch for anything that goes wrong with my wife. For me this is and has been the best phone I have ever had. No wifi issues, no battery issues and the multi-tasking thing for me is so overblown it makes me laugh. As long as I can have my music play while doing something else thats enough for me. I can get back to my email and surf at same time with it so its golden for me. I wish I could give all you a copy of my one x.

Sent by the ONe
    The only One X 'a that I've seen have been on at&t and I can assure you that none of them multitask even a little bit. Considering it is 2012 and that this is a high end ANDROID smartphone, HTC should really be ashamed of themselves. Each owner should be given the option to multitask or not.

I returned this pos too.. No multitasking, sense is absolute crap and the huge camera sticking out of the back making it a wobbly top. I'll never buy HTC again. Going back to my Gnex
    SeigaGen likes this.

I agree, I have tried the One X on two different occasions. Lag, random reboots, slow reboots, and general clunkyness of the OS. Sticking with the Note. Much smoother
    Current Phone: LG-G3
    Previous Phones: (HTC M8, Nexus 5, Nokia 1520, Nokia 1020, Galaxy Note 3, iPhone 5s, Droid Maxx, Galaxy 4, HTC One, iPhone 5, Galaxy Note 2, HTC One X, Galaxy Note, Galaxy Nexus, iPhone 4s, RAZR, Rezound, Nexus S, Epic 4G Touch, iPhone 4, Blackberry Torch, Infuse, Atrix, Nexus One, iPhone 3GS, Blackberry Storm 2, iPhone 3, EVO, Blackberry Storm, Blackberry Bold, Blackberry Curve, iPhone, Treo, Original RAZR)
    Current Tablets: Nexus 7 (2013), iPad Air
    Current Watches: Toq, Galaxy Gear, Pebble

John

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    ROM
    Insert Coin 5.5

Quote Originally Posted by impulse101 View Post
    I returned this pos too.. No multitasking, sense is absolute crap and the huge camera sticking out of the back making it a wobbly top. I'll never buy HTC again. Going back to my Gnex
    POS? Thats harsh.

I went from the Skyrocket to the One X when it came out as well. I had a lot of WiFi and signal loss issues and even posted on XDA about some of the problems I was having. A couple of weeks ago I was in Best Buy (where I purchased it from) and showing it to their phone guys. It lost signal and WiFi while I was showing it to them so they knew I wasn't full of it.

The tech asked if I had done a factory restore and I had not. He went ahead and performed a restore and I have not had a single issue with the phone since. WiFi is fantastic and I haven't lost signal at any time (as far as I know). I use my phone for work so I am on it constatntly and at this point I could not be happier with it.

Keith
    coronaboy10 likes this.

The HOX is a great phone, but for some it's not working for them and that's cool. I'm going to keep mine it does what I want and the battery life is amazing.

For those waiting for the GSIII to come out I suggest you checkout TW on ICS it's beyond bad. I had to run Apex launcher on my Skyrocket just have it feel close to ICS. TW is worse then Sense 4. Another hit on Sammy in my book is software updates for their phones is truly awful.

Global Posts
    1,032 Global Posts

I have the unlocked int'l HOX, 32g of storage, no LTE. But no problems either. Battery life is great, no lag. Love it.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Sprint's One X (the one with the stupidly long name, Evo 4G LTE) takes up to a 64gb SD card. Although when I first got it I brought it to Best Buy and neither of us could figure out how to get the back off (we were trying to get the bottom off and not the top) and the BB guy was so sure that it didn't take one, that he convinced me that I must have mis-read (I've sense figured out how to take the top back off and put in my sd card )
    cgardnervt likes this.

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Just about ready to return mine too. I find the multi-tasking to be slow and the real show stopper is the terrible Bluetooth. I'm going back to my Skyrocket and waiting until the Galaxy III comes out.

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mgfjd12 View Post
    Multitasking is not an issue anymore. I just do the sucky iphone multitasking functions.. I really don't have issues other than the camera software is not that great. I use vignette instead..
    What exactly is wrong with the camera software? Other than the aggressive compression, I think it's one of the best camera interfaces around.

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts

I really don't understand the complaints about storage. How is 16 gigs not enough? Especially when they give you 25 gigs of dropbox storage. I have never filled up 16 gigs of space. Even if you only have 10 available to you, that's still enough room for a decent amount of music (which you could easily store in the cloud anyway), apps (which are small), and pictures and videos (also can be stored in the cloud).

I have the Unlocked quad core One X 32gb on Straight Talk and it works flawless. I get good HSPA+ speeds. Have not used much of the alloted 25gb. Only 45 bucks a month unlimited!

Quote Originally Posted by petafeiner View Post
    I have the unlocked int'l HOX, 32g of storage, no LTE. But no problems either. Battery life is great, no lag. Love it.
    Same here. Loving my Intl One X too. No lag whatsoever. Now I'm ready to root.

Global Posts
    2,048 Global Posts
    ROM
    None Yet...

Quote Originally Posted by albie1937 View Post
    I have the Unlocked quad core One X 32gb on Straight Talk and it works flawless. I get good HSPA+ speeds. Have not used much of the alloted 25gb. Only 45 bucks a month unlimited!
    ST data is NOT unlimited. I know they say it is. But if you use more than 100Megs a day and over 2Gigs of data a month they will turn your service off. You will then lose your phone number and so on. So be warned!

ATT seems to have nicely f**ked up the One X. I won't buy carrier branded phones anymore. I have the international Tegra 3 One X and have not noticed any of these issues. Phone has been working like a dream since day one. Love it!

I have Nova Launcher Prime installed and the phone is soooo much faster versus with Sense. Everything is extremely snappy. You loose all the nice Sense widgets but I can easily live without those.

And the cam is awesome. Constantly impressed with the quality of the photos it takes.

Global Posts
    113 Global Posts

I agree att really messed it up, and htc did their part.. Smart to change launchers, that's what's so great about android. I traded my one x for a skyrocket and put go launcher on it and for real you wouldn't notice what you were using. I should of got an unlocked one x too... ah well I guess I learned my lesson

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Mine has been working fine with calls. With Pandora that is.

People . . . keep in mind that for every disgruntled person bashing the One X here, there is at least 100 that love the darn thing. Every single smart phone that gets released has a forum just like this one that seemingly paints the device as the worst phone ever made. The issues that some have with the phone are probably not issues most users care about. I say this as someone that has switched back to my iPhone 4S. It had everything to do with the quality of apps and zero with the hardware. Loved the hardware and did not have a single issue/problem with it.
    varsityhacker likes this.

For someone contemplating their next phone as well as the move from iOS to Android, it appears that the people on this forum are in the minority. When you go to Phone Dog or other review sites, it appears the One X holds the lead in popularity, even over the stupid IP4S.

Personally I don't like the fact that the battery is sealed, especially since I had to have my IP3G replaced FIVE times due to battery problems. So I'm going to wait to play with the GS3 and the Skyrocket is also very attractive especially since Amazon has it for $40, though the screen isn't nearly as nice as the HOX or G Note. Regardless, I think these issues may not be as widespread overall. My $.02
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    15,109 Global Posts

I've been there, done that!

Albeit, I'm hoping when the HTC One X gets re-released, there is a newer update to resolve the WIFI issues, and other things like the time being off by 15 minutes or so...

I have the 32gb intl flavor of the OneX, but have never had a problem. Wonderful battery life, still plenty of room (would love SD card & removable battery option though). Pandora, multi-tasking, webpage loading, restarting apps, nothing. I don't know if it has to do with me having more memory, a quad-core processor, no AT&T branded junk on the phone or what, but not a single issue...unless you count the fact that since otterbox hasn't released a defender case for it I find myself restarting the phone around once a day when I bend over and push too long and hard on the power button with my hip...

This is so many light years ahead of my Samsung Galaxy, it was always reseting, hanging, loosing messages, loosing calls, poor battery life, almost never an update (it just got gingerbread...just about a month ago!!!!).
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast