Just Returned My One X

Chdwil

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Took it back to AT&T. Back to my skyrocket for now. I liked the One X but the multitasking, random loss of signal, and poor wifi were real issues. What really did it for me though was the 16 gb memory. Just not enough and I don't feel I should have to compromise. I will miss the camera and screen!

I am looking to get the g3 or iPhone 5. Both will offer the local storage I want.

snoopgoat

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I feel your pain. I've contemplated returning my 1x, but the thought of using an iPhone or downgrading to gingerbread scares the carp out of me. I figured I'll just endure, and wait for an update or the xda guys to come up with something. In the meantime, the gs3 is starting to look very attractive to me :)

Developer of Dock for Android/iOS/webOS, Panes for iPad, Glimpse for TouchPad

sparkomatic

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
Can't say I blame ya. I'm still liking mine enough to not think about returning it. But, it does seem like it's taking forever for an update to come out OTA. I haven't used wifi since I've had the thing except for the here-and-there when I need to download a large file. I don't need the wifi but it's annoying that, when I turn it on, it randomly messes with my phone connections.

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I came from a I4S and really love this phone compared to the I4S, plus i sold it so i can't go back not that i would ever go back to a tiny iphone. Ever since getting 1.85 my wifi on the One X has really been horrible. I already returned my One X one time and got another one to try and fix BT streaming in my car which it did not. The wifi and BT connection issue has been the biggest issue for me so far. I have been seriously contemplating selling my one x and getting a SG3 when it comes out as i would actually end up in the black after selling my i4s and one x and would not have to pay anything for a SG3. If they fix the wifi though i think i would probably keep it, i just hope they do it soon. :-\

furygoalbrtis39

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
At least you tried it out.
I haven't experienced the signal issue yet so I'm fine with mine.
16GB is more than enough for me. I had a 16GB iPhone 4 before this and I only filled it half way.
Best of luck with the GSII SR!

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

oldmanjenkins

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Plan on keeping it until GS3 comes out and then trading. Love the phone. I have personally had no issues outside of some initial battery concerns.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I just did the same. I had several people over the last few days telling me they went straight to voicemail. I can't have that, so I took it back and got a skyrocket, very polished device. I stuck go launcher on it and it looks as great as ICS and best of all not a single connectivity issue. At home the signal db is 75 on the skyrocket where my One X was getting 88, something is very wrong about the One X, I just hope its a software issue that can be fixed cause its a beautiful device. I have an SG3 ordered but I have NO idea when that is coming and if that has any issues and the skyrocket truly is a sleeper, its a solid device.

spacecasespiff

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
Just remember that the sg3 is still made buy Samsung and those phones are known for bad radios. My vibrant and the gnex that I had had bad radios in them so I would loose data often. But other then that they are good phones. But for me I don't think I could go back to an amoled screen I just don't think they look as good as the super LCD screens. For me I don't have any issues with the wifi and or data and the 16 g of memory is good for me. And I can deal with the multitasking. I don't use it that much. I'm not to impressed with the gs3 to much. Nice that it will have 2g of ram but the same snapdragon s4 and 1.5ghz. So nit all that different.

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk

judeism

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I came from a Skyrocket. Loved it but I still had issues with not receiving texts on that phone! They swaped my sim on my One X and it seems better WIFI is spotty but I'm sold on the battery life!!! I have never had a phone that could make it throughout the day on one charge. I'm sticking with it and waiting for the fixes.

judeism

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Also just received a update to Pandora today, haven't had a chance to see if it will play more than two songs without skipping but I hope so.

Been listening now on 4g in Philly for about 20 minutes and its working flawlessly! Very happy now :)

Last edited:

bairon85

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
I love the hardware on the HOX but it seems that the software still has a lot of bugs. I came from a Galaxy Nexus and in comparison the HOX is sluggish. I don't want to get rid of my HOX and really hoping a proper update that addresses all these issues is released soon.

calvin35

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I ditched mine about a week ago strictly because of the multitasking issue. There is no excuse for HTC taking this great feature of android away from it customers. I loved everything else about the phone but am now waiting for the GSIII, it's 2MB of RAM and functioning multitasking.

Reactions: Tom S.

judeism

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Can you explain to me the multitasking issue? I have had mine doing multi things at once and it seems fine. I'm not as tech as others and wondered what this was about.
Thanks in advance

GrimmReapa

May 26, 2012
Visit site
i was thinking about getting the One X, but i am beginning to change my mind after reading these posts. Are these issues very wide spread?

hybrid06339

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
The minor issues I've had with my HOX are not at all serious enough to warrant a return. I love the screen and the battery life is awesome. There will probably be a software update to remedy the issues and make the HOX even better. And I expect there will be great custom ROMs coming out for it soon.

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I came from a Skyrocket. Loved it but I still had issues with not receiving texts on that phone! They swaped my sim on my One X and it seems better WIFI is spotty but I'm sold on the battery life!!! I have never had a phone that could make it throughout the day on one charge. I'm sticking with it and waiting for the fixes.

How ironic, I also came from skyrocket and gave up on it after missing text messages and months and months I'd trouble shooting. AT&T acted like I was the only one on the planet having the problem so it is good to know I was not alone. Still have the phone and side by side the HOX screen is so much nicer, very similar to my iPad. I am hanging in there hoping for some updates too. Just today my husband received some of the texts from my HOX 2 , 3 or 4 times but better then me not getting some that people sent like I had with skyrocket.

Chdwil

May 9, 2012
Visit site
The minor issues I've had with my HOX are not at all serious enough to warrant a return. I love the screen and the battery life is awesome. There will probably be a software update to remedy the issues and make the HOX even better. And I expect there will be great custom ROMs coming out for it soon.

I really liked the One X and could live with the issues until updated. My biggest complaint was the 16 gb storage. Just was not enough for me and remote storage isn't going to cut it.

timberga

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Also just received a update to Pandora today, haven't had a chance to see if it will play more than two songs without skipping but I hope so.

Been listening now on 4g in Philly for about 20 minutes and its working flawlessly! Very happy now :)

OMG, I was about to return the HOX because of this....hate to say it, but on the iPhone, Pandora just "works". No hiccups, stoppage of music, it just plays music. I hope the update does fix the skipping issue. I love Pandora @work and @gym and having a good experience that I don't have to tend to is very important.

jtc411

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I returned mine 2 nights ago. Back to the iphone 4s I went. Was an easy transition for me. The smaller screen sucks, but at the end of the day its a phone.

Reactions: Johnly

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yadde