Sense reboots and web browser

rdxhd

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I have had my HOX for a few weeks now and I haven't really had any problems other than my phone not been able to connect to my car BT but I think it is more the car than the phone. Anyway, I have been having some sense reboots issues lately. It only happens when I use the browsers. When I first got the phone I downloaded chrome but after after 3 weeks of use I never felt that it was smooth or fast. I downloaded dolphin HD and I can notice how much faster it is beating chrome by 5 to 10 seconds. However, if I use dolphin HD to load the forums and other full websites and I hit the home button sense crashes and it restarts. It only takes a few seconds - 10 at most - but it is really annoying. I tried it with chrome and it does not crash nearly as often. Is it something that I am doing wrong?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't seem to do that for me. I just loaded about 10 different web pages with Dolphin. The only time I have a problem is filling out certain forms on certain websites. I don't really blame the browser, though, because it messes up on three different browsers and two different keyboards.

rdxhd

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
It happens with tested.com all the time. I load the site then watch one of the videos for a minute, hit home and sense crashes. Do you have the international version? Is my unit defective?

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
It happens with tested.com all the time. I load the site then watch one of the videos for a minute, hit home and sense crashes. Do you have the international version? Is my unit defective?

Tested.com (cool site, thanks for that pointer) does not cause a sense reboot, (or any other anomaly) when I return from a video.

I use the HOX International (tegra 3) version. No problems here, as posted on another thread, my HOX updated to 1.29 last night.

rdxhd

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
I am now running Apex Launcher and it is not crashing as often. The two times that it has done it during my testing, the launcher came back within 5 sec. I am glad you liked the site. Thanks for the help.

stevehsteveh

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I noticed the same problem about a few weeks ago. It happens about 30% of the time and it's reproducible . Go into the stock browser and watch a video and then press the home button and sense will crash due to running out of memory. Annoying, as sense is still very consumptive of memory. It really can't be fixed if you use sense until HTC makes changes.