| || |
My custom ROM request for the HOX
Not gonna lie, the GSIII made me reconsider by oneX purchase. Then I realized all the issues I have with the oneX can be fixed via "software" updates, whereas the [hardware]issues I have with the GSIII can't be fixed via software updates. There's no OTA update that can change the ugliness and amoled screen of the GSIII
So, here's the list of updates that will make me super happy with my oneX. If someone (smarter than me) can make a sweet custom ROM and cover all these features, I'll give you my frist born child!
1. Improve Multitasking. Apps shouldn't be "reloading" everytime you switch between them. It's freaking ridicilous that this important feature slipped under the radar. HTC needs to be punched in the face for this atrocity.
2. Fix the wifi connection issues (will probably be fixed by HTC).
3. Remap the menu button. Long press the "recent apps" button --> Menu Button. And remove the software menu button that takes up the bottom of the screen.
4. Add setting to never display the "beats" audio notiifcation. It unneccasarily takes up notification space.
5. Add quick access to power controls (e.g. wifi, gps, bluetooth toggles) in the notification tray (like touchwiz).
6. Disable the fullscreen mode on the stock browser app. Unless if I'm stupid, I see no setting to disable this. I actually prefer the stock app to chrome/firefox/dolphin, but the fullscreen thingy is nauseating.
7. Map volume button to take picture in camera app.
Note: These items are ordered sequentially from most important --> least important.
I've heard people complain about other issues like bluetooth, notifications, gps issues, but I've never really had any of such issues.