Love my HOX...but?

ANDROIDinOZ

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I have had my HOX since it came out and have not had any of the reported problems until this weekend. I had trouble connecting my wifi to a router at a family members house and had to power on/off to fix it and then was fine until today when the phone reset itself and then did an immediate and very quick power drain...this was also solved by a restart. I'm charging now and all seems fine but obviously concerned. I've had this phone for about 1 month now and not sure I can return it back to ATT (It was preordered and mailed to me).

Any advice?

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to be selling mine on eBay and gritting a SG3. I have had a lot of wif issues and the cell signal drops. If I can pre order the SG3 tomorrow then I will put it up for sale to get the most out of it.

neocryte

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I have had my HOX since it came out and have not had any of the reported problems until this weekend. I had trouble connecting my wifi to a router at a family members house and had to power on/off to fix it and then was fine until today when the phone reset itself and then did an immediate and very quick power drain...this was also solved by a restart. I'm charging now and all seems fine but obviously concerned. I've had this phone for about 1 month now and not sure I can return it back to ATT (It was preordered and mailed to me).

Any advice?

I experienced the very quick power drain issue, as well, several times. Haven't found a solution, as I've tried the hard reset, battery cycling, etc. I just try to recognize when it happens and reboot. Granted, it's rare... but sucks not being able to rely on your phone to hold battery while it's asleep.

In terms of taking the device back - try calling AT&T. The store where I pre-ordered added another 30 days to my grace period, because there is zero stock in the stores, so I can't exchange it (was going to try swapping the unit to solve the battery issue). So you may, at least, be able to exchange it.

gravage

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
All android devices have a power drain issue from time-to-time. It's generally a rogue app. It's actually less likely on the One X than other phones because this phone kills the apps shortly after you stop using them.

If you're thinking buying an SG3 will mean you never have an occasional battery drain, you're in for a surprise. It's one of the perils of android in general and no phone is immune. Hell, even the iPhone has occasional battery drain issues.