09-24-2012 08:21 PM
111 ... 345
tools
    anyone else still not getting the update? The first day I had notifications of the update but was not on wifi. When I got to wifi, it would not find it. Now it does nothing other that the htcdm error. I tried that date thing, numerous reboots, etc....

thanks
    06-10-2012 07:03 AM
    I'm getting the same HTCDM error code. I got the update but it was corrupt so I deleted the download and now can't get it even if I roll the dates forward. Tried rebooting several times with no luck. I've done the factory reset and still get the HTCDM error. Called both AT&T and HTC support lines and they don't know how to resolve the HTCDM error. They are going to swap the phone out as soon as they get some of the X ones in stock.
    06-10-2012 05:54 PM
    I called HTC on Friday about the htcdm error and they said call att. This morning I spent two hours on the phone with att and got nowhere. They wanted to send me a refurbished replacement and I said no.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    06-11-2012 09:02 AM
    I did a factory reset. I did it by powering off phone, pressing and holding the Volume Down, then pressing the power button. I selected recovery. Then after it came to a screen with a triangle and exclamation point, I held the up volume and pressed the power button. Then I selected wipe device, factory reset.

Once back it, it found the update. I connected to wifi, went to check updates, and it downloaded it. It is now installing it.

I plan on doing another factory reset after the update assuming all goes well.

Is there a way to restore my google settings, or just log into the google account at start up?
    It is downloading now.

thanks,

Mike
    06-11-2012 10:37 AM
    it worked. Not sure what the google backup does because I could not find an option to restore and had to set everything back up.
    06-11-2012 11:09 AM
    This update completely fixed the data not working issue for me and it seems wifi is much more stable.

Now this is the best phone ever!
    06-11-2012 12:36 PM
    I was having the HTCdm error before and I think I found what may be causing it. I disabled Apex Launcher, restarted the phone, and pressed Check for Update. The update downloaded and installed within 10min without any problems.

For those having HTCdm errors, are you using a third party launcher?
    06-12-2012 01:15 PM
    No third party launcher for me. Only a complete wipe would allow the update.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    06-12-2012 02:10 PM
    Once I did a factory reset, I did receive the software upgrade and it installed successfully.
    06-14-2012 02:45 PM
    I am on the Rogers network in Canada, my phone is running 1.73, and when I check for updates it lies and reports "Your phone is up to date" (screenshot attached). I tried the trick of setting the date ahead 3 days, but to no avail. Does anyone know if this update is only for AT&T customers, or for all worldwide/North American customers? Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    06-15-2012 12:50 AM
    same problem
    09-24-2012 08:21 PM
111 ... 345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD