1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,309 Global Posts

Question HTC One X - white...

Morning all, welcome to Thursday

Those that have the HTC One X, in white. Have you noticed that the white seems to get dirty, or dull looking?

Thanks in advance

ROM
    AOKP

Default Re: HTC One X - white...

Nope. Mine looks the same way as when I got it. However, I rarely wear jeans which seems to be the main offenders.

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

No issues here, two weeks w/o a case.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I had mine for over a month, it looked about the same to me.

Btw, I just got this skin - and it's absolutely awesome. I highly recommend it instead of any bulky case.

It gives the device the much-needed grip so it doesn't slide out of your hand. And you can't see the skin at all.

Also, chrisjcks put a very thorough review with pictures here:

BestSkinsEver (Full Body)
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Some light smudging once in a blue but it comes right off.

One my most recent HOX, the sticker on the back left a light mark after pulling it off. That may have something to do with my screen having a weird blemish too.... maybe something crushed it?

White HOX here - I wear jeans every day and it looks the same as the day I bought it (1 month ago).

I love the white one but I just received the grey one. A month is hardly enough time to tell if something will discolor, and I have my doubts about the white polycarbonate holding up over a two-year period.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    Distinguished

Global Posts
    14,309 Global Posts

I just bought a white one, with the Otterbox case.

AT&T opened the box in front of me (they never use to do this; the box use to be opened prior), and the device already had the latest update on it. Hmm, interesting...

They're shipping with 1.85 already installed. Also if you're worried about Discoloration, you can always try a full body skin. I know I've read articles of the white HOX and blue jeans not mixing well.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

I have OCD, so I use some muc off device cleaner weekly on mine to keep those dirty finger prints at bay

Sent from my AZ210A using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    288 Global Posts

I've had mine since launch. No case. I also work outside and get dirty hands often. The back will get smudges and black crap on it but I just wash my hands and wipe it away good as new.

also a white One X owner. had one since launch. and since it is a matte back, it seems like it would take to smudges easier if it were glossy. i don't usually have a case on it either unless i'm at work (then it's in a case & a ziploc bag). but i tend to be one who babies my phone to no end. so you won't catch me using my phone after i've downed a bucket of fried chicken..

it'll get dirty though. it's inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by naviwilliams View Post
    I just bought a white one, with the Otterbox case.

AT&T opened the box in front of me (they never use to do this; the box use to be opened prior), and the device already had the latest update on it. Hmm, interesting...
    They did the something with mine dude said they have to check it out in front of Me to make sure no visible issues its almost like a check so that I couldn't come back later saying it was damaged or something

I use this case one my White HOX and LOVE IT ! Doesn't cover any of the coloring or design up and still allows me to easily slip in and out of my pocket.

had my HOX white since may 6th...still white i used the phone for one week w/out a case
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    8,933 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I used my white One X for almost two weeks without a case...no discoloration at all. It's now cased.

Doesn't the black one have s slight texture to it? Wouldn't you be concerned with that looking different over time because of the texture wearing off? Not sure what I mean? Look at a laptop track pad...they do the same thing.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.

The black one feels like crap if you ask me!

Sent from my AZ210A using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by neocryte View Post
    Also, chrisjcks put a very thorough review with pictures here:

BestSkinsEver (Full Body)
    Thanks neo, glad I was helpful.

if by chance it does get dirty or smudged, i have found a handy site that gives tips on cleaning smartphones
    Thanked by: