1.85 - still seeing issues with WiFi

ray..ray

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys -

Just updated to 1.85 last night and was really hoping that the issue with WiFi not detecting that I've left the coverage would go away..but it didn't. Anyone else still seeing this issue too?
According to the release notes, it should be fixed:
  • Wi-Fi Connectivity Improvement - improves operation when a device leaves Wi-Fi coverage

I feel like calling up AT&T and ask them to give me unlimited data so I wouldn't have to turn on my WiFi again.

gdbjr

Banned
Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
What are you connecting to? I have a Airport Extreme at home and have no speed or connectivity issues either coming into or going out of range.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys -

Just updated to 1.85 last night and was really hoping that the issue with WiFi not detecting that I've left the coverage would go away..but it didn't. Anyone else still seeing this issue too?
According to the release notes, it should be fixed:
  • Wi-Fi Connectivity Improvement - improves operation when a device leaves Wi-Fi coverage

You seem to have the opposite problem of everybody else, namely, we can't get ours to RECONNECT (looping while obtaining an IP).

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm seeing my wifi drop and reconnect at various times. This happens at my house in good range. Drives me nuts.

This thread is interesting since I don't have this phone but have the same problem. I'm wondering if it could be related to settings in juice defender or any equivalent app that has some control over wifi.

Mine is set to always on yet many times its turned off.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

ray..ray

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
What are you connecting to? I have a Airport Extreme at home and have no speed or connectivity issues either coming into or going out of range.
I'm connected to AT&T's 2wire router. Let me try it out on my Linksys and Airport too. Gonna do lots of walking in and out tonight!

This thread is interesting since I don't have this phone but have the same problem. I'm wondering if it could be related to settings in juice defender or any equivalent app that has some control over wifi.

Mine is set to always on yet many times its turned off.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Hmm..interesting. I have juice defender too but it's not turned on.

Did you change your advanced WIFI settings to 2.5mhz, versus auto? I wonder if that would help...
I thought about that. Will give that a try.

live4nyy

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Ever since the update I seem to have an issue where I'd be connected to my internet and then it will just drop and reconnect a few seconds later. Usually happens when I'm trying to view something that requires data so it had become quite irritating. I've done a factory reset, which didn't help, and then I started going through various apps. Once I uninstalled Google Reader it hasn't happened again so I hope that was the issue.

ray..ray

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
This problem is now gone for me! I have unchecked the "Best Wi-Fi performance" and the problem was never seen again. What an interesting bug!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz