Is it normal for the phone to be so unresponsive?

bergeronjc#WN

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
So did I just get a lemon or is the HTC One X really just a piece of crap? I can't uninstall most applications until I restart 1 or 2 times.

For example, I installed Rhapsody and now want to uninstall because Rhapsody seems to only work on early Gingerbread devices. I try to uninstall and it say "Uninstalling" for 15 minutes, then I reboot, click Uninstall and it says "Uninstalling" for another 15 minutes. After 2 reboots it uninstalled immediately..

It does this for almost every app I try to uninstall. It took a couple days to uninstall Spotify (which I put back on).

I've reset the phone before; it seems to work great for the first few days after resetting but then it starts to act up.

Oh yeah, the phone also will not show the Storage numbers for apps that have been moved to Phone Storage, when I click on the app. So when I click on an App in Manage Apps, under Storage it shows the size. It just says "Computing..." and will stay there as long as I keep it there. I once kept it on that page for one app for a couple hours, while I did work and it said "Computing..." the entire time.

Do I have a lemon or is this just the norm?

bergeronjc#WN

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Also, I have a problem installing some apps. Some take about 30 minutes to install.

Do I just have to factory reset the phone every 2 weeks to keep it running nice, or is it a lemon?

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Scary man.. the more reports I hear like this, the less likely I'll buy a HOX. Hope the replacement phone works better than this one, though from what you're saying, it won't take much, LOL

pounder001

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like you might have a defective phone or it may just need a reset as I have none of these issues with my 1X - I would do a reset and see if that helps when installing or un-installing apps as you may have something corrupted on your 1X

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Scary man.. the more reports I hear like this, the less likely I'll buy a HOX. Hope the replacement phone works better than this one, though from what you're saying, it won't take much, LOL

Dude you are never going to buy an android phone so don't worry about it :). The OP has a bad phone end of story. I wouldn't get all worried about what you read on the forum they re plenty more people that love the HOX.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Ahh.. but this is where you are wrong my friend.. I in fact DO plan to buy an Andriod phone and it will be sometime in the next couple of weeks.. And nobody is worried about anything here. Just chiming in like everyone else.. Chill will ya!

rnich120

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Defo a lemon....

Coming from a BB Torch....I was happy when an app downloaded in under a minute and installed in 30 seconds without a restart....happy days.

Speedygi

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
It seems from the reports I am getting about the HOX is that it has sluggish glitches, which really bugs me because I never encountered any of it...

Did HTC ship two sets of lemons? haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678