Let's be honest here , who's trading in their X for s3?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
HTC intentionally broke android multitasking. Now if end users were able to find a fix that works that doesn't change what htc did. That fix did not work for me. I will be trying it again on my friends phone.

You need to learn the difference between a stock android phone and an HTC phone with Sense. They're two different things. HTC did not break multitasking. It has been programmed to function a certain way on HTC phones running sense.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
@wrxdrunkie I agree with you, the proper fix to multitasking is to run CM9, the settings fix worked for me but its nowhere near what I was expecting when I bought this phone - quad core, ICS android, 1GB ram, HTC flagship phone. I feel so cheated that HTC haven't told customers about this, people don't buy flagship phones if they want basic functionality, that's what you make One S and V for, but the X should have been the all in one best experience... Sadly it isn't... And what hurts more is that Samsung are able to do it just fine. I really thought this was HTC's year

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Noob question: I always thought that to install CM9 or other such ROMS, you have to root the phone, which in turn, voids the warranty. Are you guys rooting such a new phone as the One X? It does make sense since what I'm reading here clearly shows running CM9 clears up many if not all the issues with the One X. However as a noob, I don't think I'd be comfortable voiding the warranty and prefer a phone without the One X issues. GS3 or Skyrocket looks like a better choice, though am still open but ready to pull the trigger too.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
the multitasking "fix" doesn't work. The only "fix" it seems is to run CM9 and then you have a bunch of other bugs...

Fix works for almost everybody, see the thread. My CM9 runs smooth as butter and bug free. But spout nonsense all you want.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Noob question: I always thought that to install CM9 or other such ROMS, you have to root the phone, which in turn, voids the warranty. Are you guys rooting such a new phone as the One X? It does make sense since what I'm reading here clearly shows running CM9 clears up many if not all the issues with the One X. However as a noob, I don't think I'd be comfortable voiding the warranty and prefer a phone without the One X issues. GS3 or Skyrocket looks like a better choice, though am still open but ready to pull the trigger too.

Well, after 30 days, your warrant is gone anyway, so it dosen't really matter.

jontalk

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the warranty on MOST phones is One Year. There's my point. So I think the One X is likely not the best choice. Thanks.

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Some of the things I still find annoying...

- Opening YouTube, Instagram, Twitter links always open in the browser instead of the respective app.

- Multitasking works when it works. I tried the fix, but it ain't consistent with me. Unless I'm missing something.

jdot104

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I originally said I'd never switch teams, but now that I'm having so much trouble getting the extra Dropbox storage, I'm rethinking that statement. At least with the GSIII I could use the microSD card I already have. I'm not sure if I can accept being stuck with only 9GB of storage.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I originally said I'd never switch teams, but now that I'm having so much trouble getting the extra Dropbox storage, I'm rethinking that statement. At least with the GSIII I could use the microSD card I already have. I'm not sure if I can accept being stuck with only 9GB of storage.

That's cool, the GS3 is not a bad phone, I just prefer my One X until there's a decent Rom for my S3. The dropbox storage is easy, takes 10 minutes to do the steps.

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Camera in the s3 is better. the hox has the same sensor thats in the galaxy s2 while the sensor in the s3 is a newer modified version of the one in the iphone 4s. both give you fast shutters, iso's and have decent apetures. alsp the processors may be the same but the larger amount of ram in the s3 will increase performance which does equate to a faster phone at the end of the day. especially on a unix based system. then you have removable battery and expandable memory so yes the s3 is leaps and bounds ahead of htc one x. also multi tasking isnt broken on samsung.

How often do we have to hear this? The S3 camera is on par with the One X (S3 is sharper but blows out highlights and vice versa with One X) and while I agree multitasking isn't great on my HOX it isn't broken. It just doesn't allow you to save the state of 10 apps to the point your phone starts to bog down to a crawl. Some don't like it and I understand that but it isn't "broken".

orange-man

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
and while I agree multitasking isn't great on my HOX it isn't broken. It just doesn't allow you to save the state of 10 apps to the point your phone starts to bog down to a crawl. Some don't like it and I understand that but it isn't "broken".

I just picked up an HOX yesterday and I can't get it to save the state of even one app. I love the phone and before I take it back, am I doing something wrong? If I am viewing a YouTube video and then check an email, I have to start all over again. Likewise just about every app has to start from the beginning when I leave it. I would appreciate knowing how to stop this if I am making a basic mistake. I've been away from Android for 18 months looking to get back to it.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Mercury81

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
If your going back and forth from app to aap you should use the recent apps key not the home button.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

orange-man

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
If your going back and forth from app to aap you should use the recent apps key not the home button.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I do use the recent apps key and yet everything wants to reload, whether it be Tapatalk, Gmail, YouTube, etc. I want to keep this phone bit with everything constantly reloading, it makes the experience very unpleasant,

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie