Let's be honest here , who's trading in their X for s3?

imadboitru

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I would talk you off that ledge but I've already jumped myself.

What was the selling point for you , screen is better on X that's about it

S3 has more RAM
larger screen
much longer battery life(allegedly)
Faster phone
Camera's a wash from the video review I saw (pics better on X, vids better on S3)

The S3 does look like a stupid pebble/Rock though at the end of the day

snoopgoat

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm seriously considering it. The multitasking issue (and HTC's "non-giving-a-crap" attitude) has left a bad taste in my mouth. I know I can flash roms and stuff, but I honestly hate having to tweak products for basic things to work. After the USA version of the s3 comes out and the reviews pour in, I'll make my decision. I honestly don't care about the amoled vs. LCD thingy. My eyes suck anyways :)

Developer of Dock for Android/iOS/webOS, Panes for iPad, Glimpse for TouchPad

varsityhacker

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

S3 has more RAM
larger screen
Faster phone
Camera's a wash from the video review I saw (pics better on X, vids better on S3)

How is the phone faster? I thought that the LTE version on att will have the same processor as the HOX.

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I already pre ordered a SG3, i will be selling my One X once my SG3 comes in. I can't stand the multitasking on the OX, and Bluetooth has been crap for me and my car. Those are my biggest issues so far and both are annoying on a daily basis. If i thought they would be fixed anytime soon i would stay, but i do not so it's on to the next phone :cool:

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site

S3 has more RAM
larger screen
Faster phone

• S3 Screen is trivially larger. Most people can't tell the difference.
  • Camera is not a wash. Not by any stretch of the imagination. HOX wins hands down.
  • S3 can be had with 64gig memory, but not if you get it from AT&T. It wins the storage battle ONLY because of microsd support.
  • MUCH longer battery life is absolutely NOT TRUE, at least given equal tests in equal areas with the same carrier. Comparing quad core versions of both phones, HOX wins.
  • The S3 is NOT faster.

So wrong on all but one of your items.

Oddly, you failed to mention the removable battery that gives the S3 an edge in some people's mind.

anon(4735768)

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Also don't forget the reason behind shipping the S4 version of the GS3 with 2GB of RAM is because TouchWiz 5 uses a good majority of it compared to the international 1GB QuadCore versions. You won't notice any performance increase and really won't have any spare RAM waiting to be utilized because of this.

The only area the GS3 wins out is in expandable storage and swappable batteries. All the Samsung "features" like S-Voice, Smart Stay, Direct Call etc. are all just gimmicks and don't really increase the UX on the phone.

Also, comparing device support of HTC vs Samsung is hilarious.

Reactions: anon(26204)

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
  • S3 Screen is trivially larger. Most people can't tell the difference.
  • Camera is not a wash. Not by any stretch of the imagination. HOX wins hands down.
  • S3 can be had with 64gig memory, but not if you get it from AT&T. It wins the storage battle ONLY because of microsd support.
  • MUCH longer battery life is absolutely NOT TRUE, at least given equal tests in equal areas with the same carrier. Comparing quad core versions of both phones, HOX wins.
  • The S3 is NOT faster.

HOX camera is okay, but i would not say it is better then the SG3, both are 8mp, it's hard to tell any difference.

The screen is bigger on the SG3, shhh don't tell any one who is getting a IP5 that a few CM is not that big a deal(LOL) Seriously though it is bigger ;)

The SD support is HUGE for SG3, phone has more storage hands down. The difference will be felt every month in streaming data that cannot be store locally on the phone.

As far as battery goes, my HOX cannot make it from 8am to 11PM w/o needing a charge. SG3 is ?? for now, but it does have option to change battery, effectively giving you another 12+ hrs.

I'm not saying the HOX is bad by any means, but it is lacking in a few areas. Enough for me to want to get the SG3.

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm seriously considering it. The multitasking issue (and HTC's "non-giving-a-crap" attitude) has left a bad taste in my mouth. I know I can flash roms and stuff, but I honestly hate having to tweak products for basic things to work. After the USA version of the s3 comes out and the reviews pour in, I'll make my decision. I honestly don't care about the amoled vs. LCD thingy. My eyes suck anyways :)

"the multitasking issue" i see this thrown around a lot in the one x forums but honestly i haven't had any issues multitasking... there's even a button for multitasking called the recent apps button. idk maybe i'm just not understanding the real issue.

dylan808

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
if i was still within my 30 day window i think i would. the more reviews i see of the S3 the more interested i am in picking one up.. and buying one outright is out of the question for me. it's not that i don't like the One X. i love it. but i think i would like the S3 better.
my friend is picking one up once it comes to at&t so maybe he'll want to trade with me. haha

snoopgoat

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
"the multitasking issue" i see this thrown around a lot in the one x forums but honestly i haven't had any issues multitasking... there's even a button for multitasking called the recent apps button. idk maybe i'm just not understanding the real issue.

Well, consider yourself lucky if you have never experienced it.
Try this:
1. Launch the stock notes app, compose a random note.
2. Tap the home button (or recent apps button), launch the camera app, take a few pictures.
3. Launch the email app, view an email.
(Optional: also go view a webpage in the browser app)
4. Switch back to the notes app.
What happens? Is it where you left off?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm not.

1. I don't like the blue-ish tint that seems to be overtop of the screen due to the larger blue pixels.
2. don't like the cheap plastic feel.
3. My One X lasts long enough for me. I can take off at 7am and don't need to charge until I go to bed.
4. The One X is sleek, and nice looking and feels great in the hands.
5. Who cares about storage? Google Music, Youtube/Google Movies and then Dropbox/Google Drive solves all this.

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well, consider yourself lucky if you have never experienced it.
Try this:
1. Launch the stock notes app, compose a random note.
2. Tap the home button (or recent apps button), launch the camera app, take a few pictures.
3. Launch the email app, view an email.
(Optional: also go view a webpage in the browser app)
4. Switch back to the notes app.
What happens? Is it where you left off?

Tried this exact thing and yes, it was exactly where I left off.

I will never own another Samsung again after my experiences with the Droid Charge, SGS II, and Note. The screens suck and I can never select the right things on screen plus TouchWiz is hideous. I love the One X and it always seems like grass in greener but seriously don't just jump ship because of proposed specs and promises. Samsung never updates anything when they say and their devices feel like they're toys. If you want something like that go for it but I'll stay with this and I'll try not to say I told you so.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
HOX camera is okay, but i would not say it is better then the SG3, both are 8mp, it's hard to tell any difference.

The screen is bigger on the SG3, shhh don't tell any one who is getting a IP5 that a few CM is not that big a deal(LOL) Seriously though it is bigger ;)

The SD support is HUGE for SG3, phone has more storage hands down. The difference will be felt every month in streaming data that cannot be store locally on the phone.

As far as battery goes, my HOX cannot make it from 8am to 11PM w/o needing a charge. SG3 is ?? for now, but it does have option to change battery, effectively giving you another 12+ hrs.

I'm not saying the HOX is bad by any means, but it is lacking in a few areas. Enough for me to want to get the SG3.

Depending on your usage that's actually pretty good battery life.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

yoshi351

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Can someone answer this question for me? I pre ordered the galaxy s3 at best buy. I want to get rid of my one x by selling it instead of returning it. If I decide to sell the one x I just take my sim card out and pop it in the s3 and I keep everything I have? This won't screw up my contract?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2