International one x.

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I am using an HTC e o 3d right now on Rogers. I was considering picking up an HTC one x from eBay. I am on vacation so I am browsing ebay on my phone. Does anyone know if the international version will support 4g? I know it does not have LTE which is not a problem for me. I just like the quad core processor and 32 g storage. I also like the Samsung galaxy s3 but don' want to fork out that much. Thanks.
Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Android Central Forums

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
The international will work on Rogers and AT&T at 3G speeds. Its an HSPA/UMTS phone. It will be as fast as any non LTE phone on those networks.

Just make sure they know this is not the LTE version when you get the micro-sim from them. They need to provision the sim just as if it were any other recent model non LTE phone.

Some carriers call HSPA/UMTS 4G, but its a meaningless term. Some carriers reserve 4G to mean the same as LTE.

Reactions: quicksilver53

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I ended up picking up a Rogers one x off of ebay for a good price. Should be here on Monday. I can hardly wait.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D X515a using Android Central Forums

teletraan1

Mar 26, 2012
Visit site
The international will work on Rogers and AT&T at 3G speeds. Its an HSPA/UMTS phone. It will be as fast as any non LTE phone on those networks.

Just make sure they know this is not the LTE version when you get the micro-sim from them. They need to provision the sim just as if it were any other recent model non LTE phone.

Some carriers call HSPA/UMTS 4G, but its a meaningless term. Some carriers reserve 4G to mean the same as LTE.

I'm using the international HOX on Rogers and using an LTE sim. Obviously not using the LTE network. But as long as it's a Rogers micro-sim it doesn't matter if it's LTE or not. I swapped my sim info online when I switched from Blackberry.

petaf

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I have an international One X on AT&T. Can anyone confirm that it's normal that signal switches constantly from 3G to H when not connected to wi-fi? Also, data (fb, etc.) not enabled when I'm on wi-fi in Starbucks but no problem with my Note.:(

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I have an international One X on AT&T. Can anyone confirm that it's normal that signal switches constantly from 3G to H when not connected to wi-fi? Also, data (fb, etc.) not enabled when I'm on wi-fi in Starbucks but no problem with my Note.:(

Yes, the constant switch from 3g to H is normal on AT&T, because speed is not constant across their network. The phone just measures the actual transfer rates to determine if it is getting HSPA vs 3G at any given point in time.

You have to open a browser and accept the terms in Starbucks, then data will flow. On a true AT&T hotspot, without another corporate partner involved you don't have to do this.

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63