Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

I like SPB Shell 3D

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Default Favorite launcher

I've tried nova. Just not nova pro. Is it worth the money? If you don't use nova, what are you using?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Favorite launcher

I'm using Nova also, but I'm thinking about upgrading or switching. I want the ability to hide apps but if it only comes with paid versions I might have to shell out a few bucks.

Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

Using Apex and love it. If you're rooted, you can use ES file explorer to hide apps as well IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by jdot104 View Post
    I'm using Nova also, but I'm thinking about upgrading or switching. I want the ability to hide apps but if it only comes with paid versions I might have to shell out a few bucks.
    You can hide apps with the Free version of Apex.

Running Nova Prime and loving it. With the paid version you get unread counts for Gmail, txts and Mail (anyone know how to get this for Whatsapp?) and you get custom gestures. Definitely worth it. Not sure if this feature is exclusive to Nova but the ability to have a vertically scrolling app drawer is also nice. Much quicker than scrolling through pages of pages. I turned off all transitions and everything is so much snappier than with using the sense launcher.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by teletraan1 View Post
    Running Nova Prime and loving it. With the paid version you get unread counts for Gmail, txts and Mail (anyone know how to get this for Whatsapp?) and you get custom gestures. Definitely worth it. Not sure if this feature is exclusive to Nova but the ability to have a vertically scrolling app drawer is also nice. Much quicker than scrolling through pages of pages. I turned off all transitions and everything is so much snappier than with using the sense launcher.
    I have a few questions:
    1) Have you disabled HTC Sense? Does disabling it make it more fast?
    2) Do you use lock screen shortcuts? If so then when you use messaging shortcut (for ex.) then doesn't it revert back to HTC Sense?

Sent from my International HTC One X.

Quote Originally Posted by kritin kapoor View Post
    I have a few questions:
    1) Have you disabled HTC Sense? Does disabling it make it more fast?
    2) Do you use lock screen shortcuts? If so then when you use messaging shortcut (for ex.) then doesn't it revert back to HTC Sense?

Sense is not disabled. You can return to it at anytime. You can actually have the home button as a switcher between launchers, if you choose. And Nova just alters your home screen, dock and app drawer. Everything else is still Sense-based (i.e. settings menu, lock screen, msging, etc).

Using a 3rd party launcher definitely makes a noticeable difference in speed. Sense really does bloat the phone.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by teletraan1 View Post
    Sense is not disabled. You can return to it at anytime. You can actually have the home button as a switcher between launchers, if you choose. And Nova just alters your home screen, dock and app drawer. Everything else is still Sense-based (i.e. settings menu, lock screen, msging, etc).

Using a 3rd party launcher definitely makes a noticeable difference in speed. Sense really does bloat the phone.
    I know what a launcher does. When I applied a launcher and tried to use lock screen shortcuts, I was reverted back to Sense from Nova. Hence my question.