Isn't the one X supposed to have 16gb of storage?

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Why do I not have 16gb? I understand the system and stuff would use some but I have no where near 16gb.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

rejovinated

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Are you looking at the total space? Around 9gb is normal

OS (ISC and sense 4), bloatware, already installed apps take away from the 16gb

Last edited:

rejovinated

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Isn't it suppose to have 16gb to make up for the fact that it has no sdcard?

Also the seprate partitions has to do with the total space you see.

However dropbox will give you 25gb of cloud storage, which is really convenient. Try storing your pictures and other documents there, you don't necessarily need to carry ALL your music with you, google music can stream your library, ummm what else? Sure it's not as nice as having an sdcard, but you can work around it using cloud storage.

cosmith71

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
This is definitely a cloud based device. I have hardly any music on the phone. I use Pandora most of the time anyway, and my music collection (except for a playlist of stuff I'm into right now) is on Google Play. Pictures I've taken with the phone are in memory, but the zillions of photos I've taken over the years are either on my PC or in Dropbox. If you want all of this stuff in memory, then this isn't the phone for you.

--Colin

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
How do I get my music on google play music without it taking up storage that would be awesome.

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Is the only way u can play music off google play music with data streaming or if u save it to ur memory?

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Is the only way u can play music off google play music with data streaming or if u save it to ur memory?

Wouldn't reading the FAQ about Google Music answer most of your questions without the need for this inefficient back and forth?

Google music is not a streamer.
Its a Caching download player.
You start to play a song, there a pause while it downloads, then it plays.
You start to play a playlist or Album, there is a pause while the first song downloads, then it plays that song, and downloads the next song(s) in the background.

It caches anything recently played, and the next time you play it, if its still in cache, it plays instantly, even in airplane mode, with no additional data transfer.

If you want, you can (preferably while on wifi) "Make Available Off Line" or "pin" any music, in which case it is downloaded and saved on the phone, and doesn't use any data stream to play as many times as you want.

With GM, you upload ALL your music to Google from your computer, and its on every Android device you own, and also on any computer with a browser.

And if you rip your CDs and put them in your google music folder, the automatic uploader (Google Music Manager) will upload them, and your crappy rips will be replaced with 320kpb perfect rips within a few days.

(Google does not actually keep your rips. They match it to perfect rips, and make a simple book keeping entry that points several million people to the same single perfect rip.)

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
It requires root access, but you can use something like Titanium backup to remove unwanted system apps, or delete them manually (root explorer or the like). It is safer to use TitBu to first FREEZE the app for a while before uninstalling it, to make sure there are no unforeseen side effects. It is very easy to un-freeze an app if you get too delete happy. If you have that sort of access already however, and an unlocked bootloader, you are probably better served loading up a custom ROM that has done all that for you and more.

The custom Sense based ROMs are not all that much smaller than stock though, so if this is to gain space back, that will not net you much. AOSP based roms are much smaller, but are non-Sense, so there is a difference there that is not for everyone. There is not much space to be gained from deleting the extra crap apps. It is more a feel-good thing, and it does feel good.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Since the HTC One X has no micro SD slot, is the phone still worth getting. I'm looking to make a change. I currently have an Atrix 2.

Get the one x plus.
Either that or get the international version without LTE.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

emburybrett1

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Since the HTC One X has no micro SD slot, is the phone still worth getting. I'm looking to make a change. I currently have an Atrix 2.

this is a great device to have even with the limited amount of storage. I use to have a 16 gigabyte SD card that I have had for well over a year now on my other phones that was 80% full and I've been able to fit everything on this phone just fine and all of my music I uploaded to Spotify and they have a reasonable streaming bitrate for your music so it's not a data hog without sacrificing the music's quality. Google Music is a good idea for some but still have the unlimited data plan. Google Music uses a lot of data 3 - 5 Mb each song

also it is only $1 on AT&T's website.

MangoPowah

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
It also helps keep you in check, so you don't fill up your space with things you don't really need.

Sent from the cockpit of Gurren Lagann

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SandiR