Chrome Beta battery drain

imarx

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else having issues with Chrome excessively draining their battery? I currently am at 68% battery life after ~3 hours, with Chrome using 38% followed by Screen at 31%...and I have barely used Chrome today. Chrome has consistently been the #1 or #2 battery user since I installed it. I turned off syncing because I thought that might be the issue, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. Any thoughts?

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
If you park Chrome in the background while it was displaying a page that auto-updates (such as Google News) it will continue to do so in the background. (Or it would if the HTC multitasking actually worked like other handsets).

I've found that Chrome induces a lot of slowness to my Acer A500 even when you don't use it. It caused me to delete chrome. I then did the same on my HOX just because I wasn't using it anyway. Stock is a much better browser and Firefox is smaller than Chrome.

beeg612

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had an issue since I installed it. It's always in the top 5 highest battery draining apps but I can surf randomly throughout the day for a total of a couple of hours and still get home 10 hours later with 30-40% battery remaining. You might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling. I've found that helps most often when I have a misbehaving app.

neocryte

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I like Chrome a lot, but I removed it from my device for now. I heard people having battery issues - and as I was having a lot of battery drain issues - I decided to take it off.

Trying to get used to the stock browser, but I hate how it brings up the upper and bottom bars every time I try to scroll upwards (by swiping downwards). May need to try something else.

imarx

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to try uninstalling and see if my battery life improves. In the meantime I'm trying ICS Browser +, which seems to be a nicer version of the vanilla stock ICS browser.

dylan808

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
Yep after the recent update to Chrome it started to say that it was taking up more battery than usual. second only to the Display.
so i just uninstalled for now until a fix is found. i really like Chrome for Android but it is still in beta.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes