Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 35
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    jalb's Avatar

    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    814 Global Posts

    Default AT&T supposedly has direct carrier billing for Play, but I dont s

    But I sure don't see it as an option. Does anyone know if there is a setting or something that you have to do?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: AT&T supposedly has direct carrier billing for Play, but I do

    Well, If you have no funding method in your google account, (https://wallet.google.com/manage/#paymentMethods: ) it will be offered as a default when you next buy something.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  
    jalb's Avatar

    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    814 Global Posts

    Default Re: AT&T supposedly has direct carrier billing for Play, but I do

    I don't have a method of payment in my wallet. When I try to buy something, I am prompted to enter a credit card number.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  
    jalb's Avatar

    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    814 Global Posts

    Default Re: AT&T supposedly has direct carrier billing for Play, but I do

    Welp, I contacted AT&T and they confirmed what I was afraid of - direct carrier billing is device specific and the HTC One X doesn't support it. Man that pisses me off. If I had known that it was device specific, I might have factored that in to my purchase choice.
  5. #5  
    cwells's Avatar

    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

    Default Re: AT&T supposedly has direct carrier billing for Play, but I do

    Hmm i have A hox and I'm able to purchase apps and they bill me through AT&T.
  6. #6  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jalb View Post
    Welp, I contacted AT&T and they confirmed what I was afraid of - direct carrier billing is device specific and the HTC One X doesn't support it. Man that pisses me off. If I had known that it was device specific, I might have factored that in to my purchase choice.
    You got lied to by a "say anything to get them off the phone" employee. Not that uncommon, unfortunately.

    Carrier billing might be plan specific but its not device specific.

    Sent from my HOX
  7. #7  
    cwells's Avatar

    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post
    You got lied to by a "say anything to get them off the phone" employee. Not that uncommon, unfortunately.

    Carrier billing might be plan specific but its not device specific.

    Sent from my HOX

    I figured this much too, I was gonna say the guy he got probably wanted to get off the phone.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: AT&T supposedly has direct carrier billing for Play, but I do

    I tried to buy SwiftKey app over the weekend through Carrier billing option. It didn't work, instead used a credit card to buy it.

    BTW, the app is on sale for $1.99 now.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  
    jalb's Avatar

    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    814 Global Posts

    Default Re: AT&T supposedly has direct carrier billing for Play, but I do

    Hmm. Now I'm confused. It works on my Focus, but it's not even an option on my HOX, which are both on my family plan. The person I talked to was via chat support. Maybe I need to call in.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  
    jalb's Avatar

    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    814 Global Posts

    Default Re: AT&T supposedly has direct carrier billing for Play, but I do

    If anyone is still reading this, I am curious - if carrier direct billing works for you, do you use the international version of the HOX, or the standard AT&T one that is available on their US site right now?

    Also, custom rom or vanilla?
  11. #11  

    Default Re: AT&T supposedly has direct carrier billing for Play, but I do

    Might want to contact AT&T customer service to make sure you do not have any purchase blockers on your line.
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet



    If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  
    jalb's Avatar

    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    814 Global Posts

    Default Re: AT&T supposedly has direct carrier billing for Play, but I do

    Quote Originally Posted by Verdes8891 View Post
    Might want to contact AT&T customer service to make sure you do not have any purchase blockers on your line.
    I will give them a ring, but it seems like if it was related to my plan, I wouldn't have carrier billing on my Focus either.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: AT&T supposedly has direct carrier billing for Play, but I do

    Quote Originally Posted by jalb View Post
    I will give them a ring, but it seems like if it was related to my plan, I wouldn't have carrier billing on my Focus either.
    Are you using the same number on both the focus and one x?
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet



    If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  
    jalb's Avatar

    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    814 Global Posts

    Default Re: AT&T supposedly has direct carrier billing for Play, but I do

    Quote Originally Posted by Verdes8891 View Post
    Are you using the same number on both the focus and one x?
    Yes.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: AT&T supposedly has direct carrier billing for Play, but I do

    Quote Originally Posted by jalb View Post
    Yes.
    Then you are correct, it wouldnt be a purchase blocker or anything dealing with your account. My One X has the option for carrier billing on it. But my work has a purchase blocker on it so it does not go through. Is your one x updated to the latest software?
    Personal: Sprint Galaxy Nexus LTE, Nexus 7 16gb tablet



    If i have helped you, please hit the Thanks or Like button below!
  16. #16  
    cwells's Avatar

    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts

    Default

    Figured I would let you know I just made a purchase in the play store and it billed to my at&t account. I'm running stock Rom, not rooted. Hope this helps so at least you know it's not phone specific.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  
    jalb's Avatar

    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    814 Global Posts

    Default Re: AT&T supposedly has direct carrier billing for Play, but I do

    Quote Originally Posted by Verdes8891 View Post
    Then you are correct, it wouldnt be a purchase blocker or anything dealing with your account. My One X has the option for carrier billing on it. But my work has a purchase blocker on it so it does not go through. Is your one x updated to the latest software?
    I think so... I went into settings and clicked the software update button, and it loads for a while, then just goes away. It doesn't say "no update found" or anything like that.



    Quote Originally Posted by cgwells View Post
    Figured I would let you know I just made a purchase in the play store and it billed to my at&t account. I'm running stock Rom, not rooted. Hope this helps so at least you know it's not phone specific.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

    Thank you for that! It makes me want to keep trying. I must be doing something wrong.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  
    jalb's Avatar

    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    814 Global Posts

    Default Re: AT&T supposedly has direct carrier billing for Play, but I do

    lol, I talked to a new rep, and this one told me it's HTC PHONES that have no carrier billing, that it's only available on Samsung phones.
  19. #19  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jalb View Post
    lol, I talked to a new rep, and this one told me it's HTC PHONES that have no carrier billing, that it's only available on Samsung phones.
    Its also available on Motorola phones, so again wrong information just to get you off the phone.

    Here is Google's take on it:

    Missing carrier billing option

    All of the following must be true for you to see carrier billing as an option:

    • You must be using your carrier’s network (3G/4G), not wireless.
    • You must purchase from Google Play on your device, not on the web.
    • You must be in good standing with your carrier and have not exceeded your carrier’s cap on monthly spending.
    • Your device/service plan must be opted in for premium content purchases.
    • Your device must be provisioned for use with direct carrier billing.


    So they are giving you the runaround.

    Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by icebike; 06-28-2012 at 09:03 PM.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  
    jalb's Avatar

    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    814 Global Posts

    Default Re: AT&T supposedly has direct carrier billing for Play, but I do

    Yeah, they're full of it. They don't now what's wrong.
  21. #21  

    Default

    Are you still not able to bill to your acct?

    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
  22. #22  

    Default Re: AT&T supposedly has direct carrier billing for Play, but I do

    I just got an AT&T One X, couldn't figure out how to carrier bill. Called support and she walked me though it. All I had to do was click Install, then a confirm screen popped up with my credit card number and a "purchase" button. When I clicked on the credit card number itself, it's actually a drop down menu, and Bill My AT&T Account was right there. I don't know if you have to attach a credit card first, but that's what was tripping me up, the credit card number listed is actually just item 1 in a drop-down menu.

    Good luck!
  23. #23  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,820 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,006 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: AT&T supposedly has direct carrier billing for Play, but I do

    Quote Originally Posted by unopepito06 View Post
    I just got an AT&T One X, couldn't figure out how to carrier bill. Called support and she walked me though it. All I had to do was click Install, then a confirm screen popped up with my credit card number and a "purchase" button. When I clicked on the credit card number itself, it's actually a drop down menu, and Bill My AT&T Account was right there. I don't know if you have to attach a credit card first, but that's what was tripping me up, the credit card number listed is actually just item 1 in a drop-down menu.

    Good luck!
    That didn't work for me. It had my current card and the one I used to use that expired.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  
    jalb's Avatar

    Posts
    37 Posts
    Global Posts
    814 Global Posts

    Default Re: AT&T supposedly has direct carrier billing for Play, but I do

    Quote Originally Posted by silverlogic View Post
    Are you still not able to bill to your acct?

    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

    Still a no-go, sadly.


    Quote Originally Posted by unopepito06 View Post
    I just got an AT&T One X, couldn't figure out how to carrier bill. Called support and she walked me though it. All I had to do was click Install, then a confirm screen popped up with my credit card number and a "purchase" button. When I clicked on the credit card number itself, it's actually a drop down menu, and Bill My AT&T Account was right there. I don't know if you have to attach a credit card first, but that's what was tripping me up, the credit card number listed is actually just item 1 in a drop-down menu.

    Good luck!
    I don't have that option - when I tap on the credit card, it just gives me the option to add another card.
  25. #25  

    Default

    App purchases can be billed. Any other content can not be billed as of this time

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions