Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default One X VS Atrix 2??

Went to AT&T today and looked at a few different phones. Obviously I like the One X but had a chance to mess with the Atrix 2 as well and really liked it. Not to mention I can get it for $1 from Best Buy mobile. Are there that many differences between the One X and Atrix 2?? I just need a phone to use for calling, texting, and general use. Not looking to root the phone or whatever you call it! Any help would be great!

Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    ROM
    MeanRom

If you have the money go for the onex. Sense is smoother and better looking IMO. Plus the ones hardware is faster than the Atrix2

Sent from my EVO lte using Android Central Forums

Default Re: One X VS Atrix 2??

yes there are that many differences, the HOX is far superior... best buy will price match , walmart has them for 149.88 i believe...

Run as far away from any Motorola product as you can. Motorola is awful I swore them off after the bad experience I had with the original Atrix and the Xoom.

Not sure bout the atrix2 but my friends and coworkers with droidX2's and razr's have no issues. Get what you will love for 18months.

ROM
    Stock

Atrix 3 is coming out so if you want a Motorola wait for that one. I don't have a link but I'm sure u can Google it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

I upgraded to the One X from an Atrix 2. There are plenty of huge differences, the biggest one being the screen size and quality. The Atrix 2 is a great phone for the price, but it is outdated. It'll be getting Ice Cream Sandwich sometime soon though, which is good. It also has a physical camera button which is a plus. Battery life isn't spectacular but it's acceptable for a smartphone. The build quality of both phones is great in my opinion, but the One X is a little more sophisticated. If you don't mind not having the latest features, the Atrix 2 is a great phone, but keep in mind that an Atrix 3 is floating around somewhere to be released soon. I doubt it will be as good as the One X, but only time will tell.

Hope this helps!

Global Posts
    515 Global Posts
    ROM

DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON THE Atrix2! I am on my third one and it is still flaky with an inability to end a call properly. I have random reboots, often force-closes of applications, and lock ups. Motorola stinks for now, maybe with Google ownership they will produce better products, but if I had it to do over I would have gone with a Samsung or HTC.

Quote Originally Posted by pineypl View Post
    DO NOT WASTE MONEY ON THE Atrix2! I am on my third one and it is still flaky with an inability to end a call properly. I have random reboots, often force-closes of applications, and lock ups. Motorola stinks for now, maybe with Google ownership they will produce better products, but if I had it to do over I would have gone with a Samsung or HTC.
    Agreed.

We have two Atrix 2s in the family, and both have had to be replaced.

Its a nice phone but ir has a habit of unusual total failure.

Its not in the same league as the HOX.

The LTE version of the Atrix is due soon and maybe the third time will be the charm, but stay away from the current model.

Sent from my HOX