07-02-2012 10:01 PM
- With 27 pages in the HTC ONE X forum, I am sure there have been a lot of battery questions, but I couldn't find one that addressed my particular concern. So Moderators if there has been a thread already started I apologize in advance, and please move this to the appropriate thread.
At any rate, I am in a predicament.
I love this phone. Love the hardware (Especially the Screen), love the signal this phone pulls in and coming from Verizon two weeks ago, trust me I know what I am saying when this phone pulls in a signal. Verizon's 4G was 0G for me for two whole months and they couldn't figure the issue out. They said their network was FINE, so after 4 trouble tickets and four phones, I walked from Verizon after 12 years.
I am in law enforcement and I use this phone at work non-stop. I use it to text to other officers, on calls, gathering info from other officers to keep the population from listening to radio chatter over the air.
I also use the phone to take paper calls from victims. So the battery is a concern for me.
Do you think the Samsung Galaxy SIII might be a better option for me? Anybody seen it or used it, or can they tell me through the grapevine about battery life? And the signal, how is the signal in that phone? I had the Galaxy Nexus and man the radios and antenna's in that thing were in the wrong place....Even voice calls I constantly dropped calls with the old Galaxy Nexus I had.
I have to keep a car charger handy non-stop on my 12 hour shifts to keep my HTC ONE X charged.
I hate to think I might have to switch phones just merely for a battery....Especially since I got my ONE X all hopped up and tricked out just the way I like it. (Non-Rooted).
Thoughts? Questions? Concerns? Input?
Thanks in advance....
Have a great one....I am out...!06-30-2012 01:01 AM
- I've also got the htc one x and love it. Battery life is roughly the same as it was with my iphone4.
I also considered the gs3, mostly due to the additional memory option. From what I have read in comparing the two, the battery life is similar between the two phones. My decision to choose the HOX was because I prefer the Sense skin and more solid one piece design of the HOX.
If battery life is indeed nearly the same and you don't need the additional memory then the real choice for you is do you want to charge the HOX or carry around a spare battery or two for the GS3? Of course, you also have the ability to just charge the gs3, so it does give you a choice.06-30-2012 06:04 AM
- Kevin OQuinnAC Team EmeritusThe big difference is that you can just swap in a fresh battery with the GSIII.
From what I've read and heard the battery life is about the same give or take, so it's either charge the One X or swap batteries in the SGSIII.
Do you use the phone outside a lot? If so make sure you try the SGSIII before you buy it, outdoor visibility isn't anywhere near what it is with the One X. You can make the battery situation work, but if the screen can't be seen you can't fix that.06-30-2012 09:28 AM
- Yeah I suppose in a round about way I did answer my question. I do carry my phone on my duty belt and frequently use it to call dispatch and so forth to run wants and warrants off of the air.
I suppose I was more interested in any feedback people have had with the battery life and if there was an EXTENDED battery option with the SIII.
Thanks a million everybody...
Have a great one...I am out...!06-30-2012 04:08 PM
- Try looking at these two reviews:
For the GS3"
AnandTech - Samsung Galaxy S III Review - AT&T and T-Mobile USA Variants
For the HOX:
AnandTech - The HTC One X for AT&T Review
Flip to the Battery page for each review. Essentially they say that the two are comparable with the HOX maybe having an edge.07-02-2012 04:26 PM
* I also live in a terrible reception area and a Microcell is on it's way so maybe having a constant low signal is part of my problem?07-02-2012 09:03 PM
My screen was never even on for that first one.07-02-2012 09:42 PM
Take it easy and have a great one.
I am out...07-02-2012 10:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD