1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default HTC One X - First Smartphone Ever! - Moved from Flip Phone

Hi Everyone!

I just threw down money and bought the international version of the HTC One X. I'm making the switch from the flip phone and have never used Android / iOS before!

I'm an okay tech savy person but I would like some help in figuring how to customize and use this great advice. Can someone help point me in the right direction?

A couple of questions are the following:
    Where can I get a cool home-screen and how to customize the lock screen?

What are some good productivity apps out there? I haven't lived in the states for 5 years so I missed the initial smartphone momentum and I would like to know how I too can streamline my life through the phone.

Anyone has some cool examples of how to use the "Tasker" app?

Any other great tips would be great! Thanks all!

Congrats on a great android...:thumbup:

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Default Re: HTC One X - First Smartphone Ever! - Moved from Flip Phone

Hey, me too! Activated my One X on AT&T today after years of using a dumb phone on Virgin Mobile. Ugh, so glad to be done with them. Congrats!

for the lock screen go to setting>personalize>lock screen style...

Read more about HTC one x here

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

You will get a different answer from everyone. The best step is finding AC and exploring. You can customize almost anything on Android. It just depends on how far you want to go.
    There should be some beginners guides on the Site and the forums are very helpful

Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock

Read AC's review of Sense. Great to get started with. Also try YouTube.

Sent from my International HTC One X.

Hey. Congrats on the new one x. This is my first week with my new one x and I am loving it. You can learn so much about your device by exploring this site. Good luck. Cheers.

As said above you can customise anything you want.that's the beauty of android.the best way to change the whole look and feel of your one x is to get a launcher from google play.there quite a few but I think GO LAUNCHER is one of the best.SPB SHELL 3D is really nice.search whatever u want I'm sure it will be in the store.plus download TEGRAZONE it has all tegra 3 games

Quote Originally Posted by daz2711e View Post
    As said above you can customise anything you want.that's the beauty of android.the best way to change the whole look and feel of your one x is to get a launcher from google play.there quite a few but I think GO LAUNCHER is one of the best.SPB SHELL 3D is really nice.search whatever u want I'm sure it will be in the store.plus download TEGRAZONE it has all tegra 3 games

No.

Look, the OP stated he is fresh from a flip phone.

He doesn't need the pointless addition of another launcher and the confusion that comes with those. Been there 4 different times and still have a drawer full of tee shirts. Waste lots of time for little gain.

Learn to use the phone for at least 6 months and forget about launchers and rooting. There is plenty of customization you can do right there in sense.

Sent from my HOX

Global Posts
    3,087 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock on all

Default HTC One X - First Smartphone Ever! - Moved from Flip Phone

You are right in saying that Sense is so polished that you no longer need to install another launcher to beautify it.

I'm glad you switched to probably the best Android phone money can buy right now, and I hope you enjoy it by doing cool stuff on it. Like, say, listen to Android Central's glorious podcasts on it

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Default Re: HTC One X - First Smartphone Ever! - Moved from Flip Phone

Hey everyone! Thanks a lot for the support! I would have responded earlier but I ran into problems when purchasing my HTC One X through Amazon.

If anyone is planning on buying the international version of the HTC One X from Amazon please pay attention to "who" the seller is. For instance, when I first order my phone the non amazon seller sent me an unlocked AT&T phone and tried to trick me into believing that that phone was the international version.

The second time around I made sure to buy the phone from "amazon". Even though their listing is a bit higher in price compared to the competitors, I did receive the actual international phone!

So please keep this in mind. I look forward to interacting with you all as I explore my new HTC One X!

Also, another tip for everyone! Go use Simplytalk.com This is the best way to cut your cell phone in half to $45 a month if you are using an unlocked phone. I hope this helps!