Anyone have the Square Reader working on the HTC OneX?

Worked on my HTC Hero but not on the One X. Any configuration changes needed?

Thnx
    07-01-2012 03:30 AM
    I've used it and it worked well.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums
    07-01-2012 03:47 AM
    I use it on a weekly basis witn no issues.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    07-01-2012 07:48 AM
    Same. Use with both card reader and manual entry. No issues

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    07-02-2012 12:36 AM
    Thanks for the response. So I grabbed a second Square Reader from BestBuy and that did not read a card or generate any checks in the Square Reader tutorial either. Then I took my original Square Reader to the AT&T store. Salesperson had the OneX as well and my original Square Reader did not function either. Disabled Beats. Still no go.

Anyone have any ideas how to troubleshoot this?

Thnx
    07-02-2012 06:01 PM
    I have the same issue on my One X. I got the reader to read twice out of probably 50 swipes. Beats is also turned off. Works perfectly on my GF's Sensation. Been wanting to email Square about it...
    07-02-2012 07:10 PM
    Email communication with Square and my communication. Square's saying its not a supported phone

Square Support Team account_services@help-messaging.squareup.com
    Jul 1 (3 days ago)

to me

I talked with an Engineer today, unfortunately, the HTC One is an unsupported phone. If you have bought a new crad reader I can claim the redemption card for you, please just write back in with the redemption code.

For more information on supported devices and to view a list of devices with known issues, visit: https://help.squareup.com/customer/p...rticles/156594

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

Norm P.
    07-04-2012 01:11 PM
    I've had a Square card reader since I had my Samsung Captivate, but I don't hardly use it anymore. I just tried installing the Square app on my phone, plugged in my reader, and it works fine. No issues, and I didn't have to disable anything.
    07-05-2012 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD