Is it ZAGG or am I going crazy?

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I finally got tired of comparing devices and jumped off the Sprint slow-mo train and went back to AT&T since they were nice enough to give us a Microcell as part of our package.

I let my EVO 4G get scratched a few times too many before I got wise enough to put a screen protector on so I had them put a Zagg body shield on mine at time of purchase. (I have cats and it's near impossible to apply one at home).

I knew the bubbles etc would go away (which 90% have after 2.5 days) but I've noticed that on bright, or white especially, backgrounds like web browsing there's a rainbow/shimmer effect that runs like series of horizontal lines across the entire screen. It almost looks like an old crappy LCD matte screen and is really noticeable when you slightly tilt the device towards and back looking directly at it.

Is this "normal" or will it go away like the bubbles? It looks 100% flush so I really have no clue. Any help welcome.

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
It won't go away. Its like that on my galaxy nexus. I've tried 3 screen protectors. All did the same thing.

Wet and dry? I'm wondering if it's the curved screen and the material wrinkling ever so slightly. It's not horrible at arms length but any closer and scrolling web text looks like there's a grid of oily lines running from left to right shimmering with rainbow shimmer.

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
did you try the new HD zagg? i put one on my wifes One X and havent noticed this

I just looked at the packaging again and apparently they didn't use the standard wet version but used the Zagg Dry Body Shield version branded for AT&T. Maybe that has something to do with it.

I really hate to waste $22 but I don't know if I can deal with this especially because the 1X screen is so freaking beautiful.

foolishfocus

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue with one I ordered from Android central, I'm using one to keep my cracked screen together :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I have the same issue with one I ordered from Android central, I'm using one to keep my cracked screen together :)

Wow already? Did the Zagg do this to you or is it acting as a band-aid for the next 22 months?

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
That's an awesome protector, I had it but took it off because the ottterbox defender case has a built in one

You mean "Fortress Maximus" ? My wife got one for her One X and it makes the thing look like a 1940's hand radio :p

One thing's for sure and it's that I have peace of mind that she won't drop and break it!

Chaos5

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Mostly likely is some of the solution that dried under it that is making the rainbow effect since its part dish soap. In my opinion the regular zaggs do tend to give that effect, but the newer HD ones I've never had a problem with anything going wrong with them visual wise.

So if you did get a regular or hell even if you didn't you can still warranty out for a different model of screen shield from them. Only thing is you just have to send back as many pieces as you receive.

DizWhiz

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Mostly likely is some of the solution that dried under it that is making the rainbow effect since its part dish soap. In my opinion the regular zaggs do tend to give that effect, but the newer HD ones I've never had a problem with anything going wrong with them visual wise.

So if you did get a regular or hell even if you didn't you can still warranty out for a different model of screen shield from them. Only thing is you just have to send back as many pieces as you receive.

Thanks I may just do that. Also it's their dry apply version so there's no liquid. You can definitely see an range peel like pattern looking at the screen off and from an angle.

Also on Zaggs website they don't show an HD version for the one x. Maybe they are wring on one?

Last edited:

unopepito06

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I have had screen protectors on my Nintendo DS systems and Sony PSP for years, they all have that problem when looked at under sunlight.

jfo7404

May 30, 2010
Visit site
That's an awesome protector, I had it but took it off because the ottterbox defender case has a built in one

I also agree. I actually popped the otterbox built in one out and went with the Zagg HD so I would have a cover when I chose to take the case off.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay