Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Weird Symbol

    Anyone seen this symbol? I can't find it in the user PDF and as of yet cannot identify it online.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Weird Symbol-2012-07-01_22-36-45-1-1251036370.jpg  
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Weird Symbol

    For a starters where did you find it? It might give us a hint.
  3. #3  

    Default

    Might be TTY

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
  4. #4  
    Zhara's Avatar
    Queendroid

    Posts
    909 Posts
    Global Posts
    910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Yes, it's TTY. You can turn it off in settings.
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Weird Symbol

    Whew. good to know its TTY.

    I thought it looked like a phone and bricks. Too Scary.
  6. #6  
    kkapoorr's Avatar

    Posts
    674 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post
    Whew. good to know its TTY.

    I thought it looked like a phone and bricks. Too Scary.
    TTY?

    ____________________________
    NoobTech:
  7. #7  
    puffski's Avatar

    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

    Default

    It pops up when you plug in a pair of hands free ear phones or an aux cable. I believe it is TTY as I see it every time I plug something into the head phone jack.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
  8. #8  
    kkapoorr's Avatar

    Posts
    674 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by puffski View Post
    It pops up when you plug in a pair of hands free ear phones or an aux cable. I believe it is TTY as I see it every time I plug something into the head phone jack.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    What does TTY stand for?
    And I listen to music in my car over the aux, I never see this...

    ____________________________
    NoobTech:
  9. #9  
    Zhara's Avatar
    Queendroid

    Posts
    909 Posts
    Global Posts
    910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kritin kapoor View Post
    What does TTY stand for?
    And I listen to music in my car over the aux, I never see this...

    ____________________________
    NoobTech:
    It stands for "text telephone". Dunno where the Y comes into play, but this is what Google tells me lol.

    It probably doesn't show up for you bc you don't have it enabled. It's in the accessibility settings for disabled people.
    Thanked by:
  10. #10  
    puffski's Avatar

    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

    Default

    I have it enabled for some reason so you may not have yours turned on. That's probably why you don't see it lol. It doesn't bother me or anything tho. It's just there.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
  11. #11  
    Zhara's Avatar
    Queendroid

    Posts
    909 Posts
    Global Posts
    910 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by puffski View Post
    I have it enabled for some reason so you may not have yours turned on. That's probably why you don't see it lol. It doesn't bother me or anything tho. It's just there.

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    Lol that would bug the crap outta me. I don't like stuff taking up space on my phone if it doesn't have to
  12. #12  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhara View Post
    It stands for "text telephone". Dunno where the Y comes into play, but this is what Google tells me lol.

    It probably doesn't show up for you bc you don't have it enabled. It's in the accessibility settings for disabled people.
    It stands for Teletype a very old text terminal from the 1940s and 50s, often used as terminals to mainframe computers well into the 70s, and by the deaf for much longer. Police departments still support 911 lines with Teletype support for the deaf or mute. Check your local phone book.

    That said I still can't find any setting in my international HOX that turns this on.

    Any one know the exact location of this setting?

    Sent from my HOX

Posting Permissions

B