Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Whewwww, Weeeeee! AT&T LTE is Faaaasssst...!!!

Hey gang...

Took a drive up to Palo Alto, CA today.

Saw the little LTE symbol appear on the screen of my HTC ONE X, and I thought I'd try a SpeedTest run.

Man! 23.55mbs download for top speed and 20.75mbs upload...Ran two test and numbers were fairly close together.

I just came over to AT&T from Verizon after 12 years. All the sudden my data and voice would drop off on my Verizon phone. I had 4 total replacements (3 Galaxy Nexus Phones and 1 Razr Maxx Phone) with the same problems. Verizon said there was nothing they could do. I even went into one of their corporate stores here in Fresno, CA and showed them that my phone was losing data and voice 20 to 30 times a hour. They witnessed it, they even called tech support, and finally after 4 trouble tickets, I left....But hey they say nothing is wrong with their network.

But anyway, the speeds from AT&T LTE are twice as fast as I ever got on Verizon's LTE network here in Fresno. Man am I glad I left that holier than thou self absorbed company...

I even told the rep at the corporate store in Fresno that this issued needed to be corrected today (3 months, 4 trouble tickets after this all started) or I was jumping ship.

After she called the Verizon TECH, they asked to talk to me....They said, "There was nothing they could do...." It told them fine I am going to AT&T to which they said, "Well our 4G is better than AT&T's 4G," to which I replied, "Well at least theirs works because right now on Verizon's Network I have 0G as in ZIP, Zero, Nada-G...For over the last 3 months" The tech didn't like that...

Thought you might like the picture upload to drool what is coming to an area near you...I know I am. Scheduled to be in Fresno before Christmas this year...!

Have a great one....I am out...!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Whewwww, Weeeeee! AT&T LTE is Faaaasssst...!!!-2012-07-02_12-19-04.jpg   Whewwww, Weeeeee! AT&T LTE is Faaaasssst...!!!-2012-07-02_12-18-23.jpg  
    "Don't run...You will only go to jail tired..."

Global Posts
    534 Global Posts

I've hit 50 mb downloads here in Stl.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Whewwww, Weeeeee! AT&T LTE is Faaaasssst...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jlh73 View Post
    I've hit 50 mb downloads here in Stl.

Damn that is a wicked fast download....

I wonder though....Are these high speeds due to the fact that the network is still new and there aren't many customers that have AT&T Phones with LTE chips in them that are in use?

I'm curious to see if those speeds plummet when everybody with an iPhone gets the new iPhone with an LTE Chip in it and they join us on the LTE Network.

Nice to know their LTE network is currently so quick. How is voice call reliability?

I have news for the OP. if you think that Verizon has a "holier than thou" attitude, wait until you have your first situation with AT&T. I can understand your frustration with your problem though. Hope everything works out.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    Thanked by 2:

ATT with HSPA+ and LTE will provide the most consistent data speeds across the spectrum.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    534 Global Posts

Voice quality is excellent. Agreed with post above. Very consistent. If LTE happens to go out we still have hspa+ then 3g and edge if still around to fall back on until restored. I was told if Verizons LTE went out you had nothing and couldn't use your phone for anything until it got restored. Very pleased so far.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by dwaynewilliams View Post
    I have news for the OP. if you think that Verizon has a "holier than thou" attitude, wait until you have your first situation with AT&T. I can understand your frustration with your problem though. Hope everything works out.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    I hope it works out also dwaynewilliams...I will say this I have never been so frustrated with a business and Verizon took the prize with that. For 3 months, my phone all of the sudden, out of the blue, quit holding a data and voice signal. They checked their network with the 4 trouble tickets I had, plus sent me 3 Nexus phones and a Razr Maxx Phone. They even swapped out my sim card 3 times.

All that things they tried leads me to believe something was wrong with my individual account, not the network. I recall with the old dumb flip phones, text messages would get delayed by hours sometimes. I would call Verizon and they would have to reset the account "Switch" or something similar to that. I was wondering if Verizon would have to do something similar to that with the new smart phones.

But what torqued me off was the last time I spoke with the TECH agent on the phone at the corporate Verizon Store with the sales agent of the store standing right there. When I was told by the TECH agent on the line there was nothing they could do, after the store sales agent told the TECH agent that she personally witnessed my data and voice drop no fewer than 10 times in 3 minutes that was it.....So you still want my money and you can't fix my account? That's it I am going to AT&T....!

Have a great one....I am out...!

I got 26 down and 21 up today Sucks that I have LTE at my vacation home but not my regular home lol
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Whosurdaddy View Post
    Nice to know their LTE network is currently so quick. How is voice call reliability?
    Whosurdaddy, Voice quality was really crisp and clear. I made several calls and had none of the crackling or cutting out of the voice and I was thoroughly impressed.

Only concern I had was man my battery in my HOX drained really fast. I guess the LTE signal and chip in the phone when activated really taxes the battery. I had to find a wall plug by 4pm to give my HOX a recharge.

Have a great one...I am out...!

Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

Very nice speeds!
    If at&t still offered unlimited un throttled data
    I would be there in a flash.
    Another thing is...
    I just can't figure out why
    at&t offers such low data tiered plans too. 2 GB? I mean such great
    data speeds but not much of it you can put to use.
    I'm a heavy 4g wimax user
    here 8-15 GB a month. Can't live with a cap and
    I do not like going places having to look for a wifi. Especially, when you are paying a company to supply you with data.

Hopefully, Sprint with great coverage here in Hawaii will get their LTE up and running soon.

Again though very impressive speeds!

Global Posts
    534 Global Posts

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Whewwww, Weeeeee! AT&T LTE is Faaaasssst...!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1341354095478.jpg  

Today on Verizon in Urbana, IL.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Let's try that again...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Whewwww, Weeeeee! AT&T LTE is Faaaasssst...!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1341359927916.jpg  

Shhhh, I'm trying to talk myself out of switching from Sprint to AT&T. I mean, unlimited data right? I'd be crazy to give that up!

.... -_-

I'll probably be switching next month.

For those on Sprint now with their unlimited data plans do you think when they roll true LTE out not their wi-crap that they will keep it unlimited? If I had to guess I think not, Sprint can't afford it. Need to pay for failed WiMAX, iPhone and now LTE.

Quote Originally Posted by intellectualdiot View Post
    Shhhh, I'm trying to talk myself out of switching from Sprint to AT&T. I mean, unlimited data right? I'd be crazy to give that up!

.... -_-

I'll probably be switching next month.
    If your using more than 3GB per month yeah, you will pay with AT&T... Just saying...:beer::thumbup:

from Evo4G LTE on Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by 3:

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

We can clearly see you are using WIFI at this time...... Just a heads up. Turn off your wifi and do the test over again.

Global Posts
    534 Global Posts

I wasn't using WiFi. I snapped a screenshot from my gallery. If you look at the pic it clearly says LTE.

Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.1 / Tiamat 3.3.7

Quote Originally Posted by varsityhacker View Post
    For those on Sprint now with their unlimited data plans do you think when they roll true LTE out not their wi-crap that they will keep it unlimited? If I had to guess I think not, Sprint can't afford it. Need to pay for failed WiMAX, iPhone and now LTE.
    I guess it depends on what speeds and coverage your getting

Wimax here in Hawaii is liveable
    speeds here average 6-12mb dl.
    Even with those speeds netflix YouTube runsreally
    smooth. And I tell ya with higher than 3g speeds
    data sure gets used up like a v8 burning gas.

From all the press releases I've read... Sprint will keep unlimited when LTE goes live.

I WISH my WiFi was that fast......

Thanked by:

Chiming in from Baltimore, MD here... Just wanted to confirm all those LTE speeds. I've been making all my friend's jaw's drop..

I've been averaging about 30mbps, but I've gotten results from 45-48 from completely different parts of town. I've had LTE coverage 8/10 places I go, and if it's not LTE it's HSPA+ which is not shabby at all.

Banned

Global Posts
    2,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    Muzzyz 4.2.1 build

Quote Originally Posted by varsityhacker View Post
    its cheaper to keep unlimited lte than 3g which they already do and Dan Hesse already said that sprint is gonna STAY UNLIMITED even with lte its sprint edge over the other 4 and they aren't trying to lose that

Sent from my Nexus S 4g using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICE CREAM SAMMICH!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Whewwww, Weeeeee! AT&T LTE is Faaaasssst...!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1341470660296.jpg  

Global Posts
    488 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICE CREAM SAMMICH!

Damn I wanna move to Houston haha

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Whewwww, Weeeeee! AT&T LTE is Faaaasssst...!!!-uploadfromtaptalk1341500221168.jpg  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast