Trying the ONE X again.

vjr021

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
So, I bought the One X when it first came out, to replace my iP4, and returned it within 5 days.

Too buggy and the lack of clickable links drove me CRAZY!!

I am trying it again this weekend, should have it Friday.

I have the OEM car dock, OEM desktop Cradle (the one with the speaker) and a new Seido case...

One of my past issues was lack of accessories, as having a easy to use dock next to my bed is very important for me.

So... We will see if the latest software updates, and the huge support from this forum can make the One X my new phone...

adamtalife

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Well, just so you know it does have click able links. You'll notice when you do click on a link, say in a text message, in your recent apps you'll see HTClinkify. That was HTC's way around apples patent on click able links.

Also from what I noticed when I do click on a link my phone gets hot and battery drains a little more rapidly. If you experience this check your recent apps for HTClinkify and close it out right after clicking a link. Or just restart your phone.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

stevehsteveh

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
What does "no clickable links" mean? There are no hyperlinks in use on the phone?

There are hyperlinks, but because of patent infringement issues they don't always do what you expect. For example, click on a YouTube link, and it opens YouTube in your browser, not the YouTube app directly. Not a show stopper, but a bit awkward.