Vivid to One X

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I currently have the htc vivid, however, I am having volume issues and people can't hear me unless i have a headset plugged in. I can talk at&t in to letting me just get the one x early. I went to my local store and plyed around with it and the screen was amazing on it. I love the size, feels great in my hand, camera is a great upgrade. I wanted to get any inout from anyone who has made the switch already. Also, i see there is a vader death grip with the wifi whcih concerns me. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks peeps!

libb51usmc

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I made the switch and I cannot regret and all my visit was great but this phone is just simply outstanding. As for the death grip I don't find any issues with it I do notice my bars will say that I have no signal when I go outside but my Wi-Fi works just fine

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

adamtalife

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Phone is great. I have experienced the "death grip". It's very much there for me but then again it only happens when I grip it with my left hand, and I'm a righty. So no biggie.

All in all, it's an awesome phone. Buying the phone from at&t gives you 14 days to play with it and figure out if it's good for you. Can't go wrong getting this phone. Any problems will likely show their faces within the 14 days.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

wrecked77

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I currently have the htc vivid, however, I am having volume issues and people can't hear me unless i have a headset plugged in. I can talk at&t in to letting me just get the one x early. I went to my local store and plyed around with it and the screen was amazing on it. I love the size, feels great in my hand, camera is a great upgrade. I wanted to get any inout from anyone who has made the switch already. Also, i see there is a vader death grip with the wifi whcih concerns me. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks peeps!

I have read that some one x's have a bad connection internally with the wifi antenna..if u push softly on the back of the phone between the camera and the volume rocker side of the phone and the wifi signal increases than its a bad connection.. but please be careful when testing this.

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
at&t agreed to let me to an early upgrade so I will be getting the One X next Friday. Looking at some good cases now, anyone have a great case they want to recommend?

Sent from my HTC Vivid using Android Central Forums

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Depends on what case style you like. I like very minimal cases. I usually don't use one but I don't want to dirty the phoneim currently using the case mate barely there. Adds no bulk really. My type of case. Provides little protection from drops but I don't need it for that. Lol.

Sent from my HTC One X

adamtalife

May 28, 2012
Visit site
at&t agreed to let me to an early upgrade so I will be getting the One X next Friday. Looking at some good cases now, anyone have a great case they want to recommend?

Sent from my HTC Vivid using Android Central Forums

I'm using the other box commuter series. I usually don't use cases, but due to how the camera lens seems vulnerable to scratches I decided to throw a case on it.

I happen to really like the commuter case. Doesn't add too much bulk while offering solid protection.
If you wanna see how it feels, when you get your one X att is selling the commuters at the store and you can try one on.

Note:they are over priced at the att store. I bought a black one off amazon for $25 compared to att $45.

AndroidArmageddon

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I love my htc hard shell case with the kickstand. Gives it a good grip, also helps protect the camera lens when you put the phone on a desk.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I have read that some one x's have a bad connection internally with the wifi antenna..if u push softly on the back of the phone between the camera and the volume rocker side of the phone and the wifi signal increases than its a bad connection.. but please be careful when testing this.

That's only the quad core version.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: xXBLACKBERRYXx5

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
I switched from the vivid and I gotta say I am much happier now. Plus the wifi thing is only international version.

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I switched from the Vivid to HOX and love it. I use the Seidio Surface case with kickstand

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I got my One X last Wednesday and I Love It! So happy with the switch from the vivid and I got the beats ear buds to go with it for free due to a terrible phone interaction with att care. Loving this phone!

Reactions: xXBLACKBERRYXx5

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad