Are PlayStore results device dependant?

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
I downloaded Swype on my Atrix 2 but I cannot find it in the store on my HOX..... what gives? Is it somehow blocked from the results because HTC has a version baked in?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

r3g

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
as far as I known the play store shows results based on what version of Android you're running not what phone model. I know when my tablet was still on honeycomb apps that werent supported would be filtered because they weren't compatible with Android 3.0

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
as far as I known the play store shows results based on what version of Android you're running not what phone model. I know when my tablet was still on honeycomb apps that werent supported would be filtered because they weren't compatible with Android 3.0

interesting.. .....
I'm going to do some more investigating.

r3g

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
interesting.. .....
I'm going to do some more investigating.

if you have a spare phone that has ICS flash a gingerbread rom on it then search for an app you know only supports android 3.0+ it won't show up.

now flash ICS back onto the same phone and search again, the app will now show in the search results.

Iamdunne

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded Swype on my Atrix 2 but I cannot find it in the store on my HOX..... what gives? Is it somehow blocked from the results because HTC has a version baked in?

You probably already know this but there is a trace keyboard built in to HTC stock texting keyboard that you just need to enable.

libb51usmc

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
You have to download swipe from online if you type in swipe beta on Google search you can download it from there just make sure that you have the download from other sources unlocked

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

abhijit1289

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
A) yes play store results are filtered. Go to the play store on your computer to see why it's not compatible. Quick fyi. Swype is ics incompatible however they are doing a public beta like flipboard did. Google it.
B) if you like the HTC keyboard or don't want to use a beta, enable htc slide in settings.

Thank me if I helped.... You know I'll do it again :) Oh, and by the way, Sent from my HTC One X

Reactions: tcm1969

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38