Hey, where's the apps?

tcm1969

Mar 27, 2012
Visit site
If I open my app drawer and go to "manage apps/all" there are apps that are not in the app drawer. Polaris Office is one, also something called "tags" that I assume has something to do with NFC as well a some others. Where are these hidden? Why are these in the manage list but not in the app drawer itself?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
There are some hidden apps on the phone that are meant to be used by other apps, and as such are hidden by the app drawer.

Some of these you can make visible. Others not.

Originally, Polaris Office didn't show, and neither did the PDF viewer (which seems like it is made by Foxit). However, when I got the update to the latest version of the software these became visible in the app drawer.

In the mean time we had already discovered a method to get at these apps directly.

1. Go to the market and download the free ES File Explorer. (you need a file manager anyway, and this is the best)
  2. Tap and hold the Icon to the right of the one that says UP (second to last). What appears in this slot is user select-able, so I cant be sure what is shown. A long press on this position will show a list of possibilities, select App Manager, and it will then occupy the second to last position.
  3. Tap App manager until it says All.
  4. Then Tap Category.
  5. Then Tap All
  6. Then scroll the list till you find the App you want, and Long Press it.
  7. You will be given a list of choices that includes Shortcut.
  8. Tap Shortcut and a shortcut will be added to what ever desktop you started from.
  9. Not all of these hidden apps will allow a shortcut, but many useful ones will
  10. You can move that shortcut to any desktop, but you can't force these into the app drawer.

Reactions: tcm1969

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463