Text Messaging...affected by multitasking issue?

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Like most of you, I've read all of the articles concerning the removal of true multitasking with the HOX. However, what I have not seen is if it affect text messaging. I've had great service for the past 5 or 6 hours (3 bars of 4G) and have received no text messages...pick up my phone, open the messaging screen, close it, lock the phone and like magic, I have 6 or 7 text messages roll in. I've noticed this happening with the native email application (Microsoft Exchange set up for Gmail so it "pushes")...so my question, is the multitasking issue w/ this phone also affecting text messaging and email?

rdxhd

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
No, multitasking would not have that effect on text messages like that. Do you have any battery saving apps or anything like?

shea-bird

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
good question...this multitasking really needs to get fixed quick...I like the idea behind better battery life but there has to be a compromise or certain apps that cannot be closed to to overloading...very weird, heres hoping to our next update being JB with this issue fixed :)

blg923

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Nope, no battery saving apps...I've had this thing for about a week now and the multitasking is pretty much a dealbreaker for me, you cant even play a game, pause to send a text and go back to the game, hell, my blackberries could do this. I think I may just jump ship and get an unbranded google galaxy nexus

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781