Anyone's One X starting to slow down?

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Seems that sometimes randomly it'll lag when it switches between screens. It'll definitely lag quite a bit after I install an app, slows to a crawl. Anyone else notice this? I don't want to wipe my phone but I guess I will if I have to..

cwells

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I haven't noticed anything dramatic. Installing and app I can see slowing down a little because maybe it takes up ram. I always do a hard reset every now and again and it seems to do the trick.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

crbauhs

Jun 8, 2011
Visit site
I thought mine was, but I was running Go Launcher. Switched to Apex and its stupid smooth. You should check that out.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
My device is REALLY starting to slow down baaaaaad.. after app updates, it's basically unusable for a few minutes. Clicking the recent apps causes a vibrate and like 30 seconds later the list appears.

I've also noticed that right around the time it starts slowing down bad, the looping circles appear next to the 4G icon(indicating it's trying to sync), so I'm curious if it's trying to sync something that's causing it to slow down..

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
That's definitely not right Sniffs.

This sounds more like a connectivity problem than anything else. (That would also explain the market problems).

Howbout on wifi? Does it work better on Wifi?

Could be a tower issue in your area, or a sim problem. Maybe take it in to AT&T and grouse about it.

loraque

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Start disabling apps you have installed since the problem started- usual culprits are location aware apps (weather apps), but could be anything.

If you are thinking it is related to syncing, try toggling airplane mode when it starts to act up and see if it clears up or not. If it DOES fix things, you will need to isolate the app or service causing trouble. You can see all the accounts that are syncing, and can toggle them on/off, in MENU-ACCOUNTS & SYNC.

You can also disable individual apps in MENU-APPS to see if you can find the culprit, if there is a short list you suspect.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
That's definitely not right Sniffs.

This sounds more like a connectivity problem than anything else. (That would also explain the market problems).

Howbout on wifi? Does it work better on Wifi?

Could be a tower issue in your area, or a sim problem. Maybe take it in to AT&T and grouse about it.

I have my Samsung SGIII right next to it and I dont show ANY of the same slowdowns.

my 1X is currently syncing to,

Exchange Activesync,Facebook
Flickr
google
LinkedIn
Microsoft Hotmail
Twitter
Twitter for HTC Sense
Voxer
Yahoo! mail app

thinking about removing the ones that don't come stock such as Voxer/Yahoo! and LinkedIn and go from there..

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
You don't need twitter for htc sense.
If you install twitter (or any decent twitter client) you can just disable twitter for htc sense in the settings apps. No point in having two different apps syncing to twitter.

(In fact I see little point at all in even letting my twitter app show up in the sync list. I can't see me syncing with that many apps at all.

Dropbox,
Google
Skydrive
Weather.

Thats it. That's all I sync.

I have K-Mail handle all the other mail addresses I monitor. These are all low-priority anyway, so why do I want the phone wasting bandwidth checking mail all the time on mail accounts I only rarely use? I don't let Android even know those accounts exist.

Same for Linkedin. Why would you sync with that?

BUT anyway.... Back on track here...

If you SGIII does not show slowdowns, and both are using Cellular, that just makes it more likely that the SIM is not configured correctly and you have a connectivity problem.

Again, I urge you to try WIFI to see if the slow-down goes away.

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I use LinkedIn to sync the business contacts. As for Twitter for HTC Sense, I'll disable that, you're right, doing 2x the work..

I'll try WIFI also.. It does seem odd that this phone is lagging this bad..

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I removed Voxer and the Yahoo! Mail, and Twitter for HTC Sense and noticed a huge improvement.

Still a slight lag as it updates apps, but the complete lockup for long periods is gone. I would assume it's either Voxer or Yahoo mail being fully incompatible with either Sense or ICS..

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Personally i would suspect Yahoo.
When I added a yahoo account it took forever to check the mail.

I finally dropped it, and just configured my gmail account to pop the yahoo mail and put it all in a folder of my Gmail.
Let Google deal with it.

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2

adamtalife

May 28, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if you've found a solution yet, but my phone was lagging pretty excessively recently compared to how smooth it used to be. Restarting alone didn't do anything it would lag a lot when ever I woke it up for about 30-60 seconds.

Anyway what I did to "fix" this was,

Settings-storage-(internal storage) make more space-clear cache all applications also transfer whatever apps from internal storage to phone storage. After that I restarted the phone and the lag was gone. Good luck!

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

sniffs

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Interesting.. with the Yahoo app and Voxer gone, and the cached cleared like you mentioned.. my 1X is back to speedy gonzalez just like my SGIII.

thanks!

matrixation

May 9, 2013
Visit site
May 2013 - I just bought the HOX as my upgrade phone over the SGS3 because I've been using HTC for the past 4 years and grew accustomed to sense. I have the same problem with the sluggish scrolling of screens in Sense. When I turn the "block"/page/screen, the edges of the images are choppy and the motion of turning looks like it goes from 30 fps (or whatever it actually is, maybe 24) to 20. I have read all the posts and I appreciate that people are trying to find a solution but I'd like to add that HTC should be shameful of releasing a product that has a known issue. HTC would rather meet a deadline over providing a reliable product, take our money and ignore the issue after they've gotten paid.

Anyway, it seems like Yahoo Mail and especially apps that require location services greatly consume memory are the ones to blame. While I have that Yahoo Mail installed, I have to restart the device almost everyday just to get the smoothness back. The phone itself is fast if certain apps are not installed and I do recall that the interface was very smooth in the beginning, but like most veteran mobile users, I use only specific apps on my phone and install them all at once. In fact, switching from phone to phone is no big deal since my contacts are all saved through GMail and my apps are the following:

Gmail
YMail
Square
PayPal Here
SncMe
Wolfram Alpha
eBay
Android Assistant
Wells Fargo
Sound Hound
Shazam
YouTube

My solution for the lag was a hard reset....but every day!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad