Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

Default HTC One X Kernel?

Hey android crew im new to all androids and I have one question my Kernel version is 3.0.8-01111-g188cf26
    root@ABM014#1

I was just wondering if that means its rooted or not? or if yours says that let me know

Default Re: HTC One X Kernel?

Mine is not rooted and completed stock. My kernal (whatever that is) is very similar but is different.

Global Posts
    157 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by mattycouz View Post
    Hey android crew im new to all androids and I have one question my Kernel version is 3.0.8-01111-g188cf26
    root@ABM014#1

I was just wondering if that means its rooted or not? or if yours says that let me know
    You are not rooted unless you actually went through the process. Rooting would not change your kernel anyway.

Looks to me like your ROM/Software version is before 1.82 which will make it easier to root than trying to root 1.85. And "rdxhd" is absolutely right. Also, all of the different kernel versions say "root" in there. Sorry!
    Last edited by wantabe; 07-14-2012 at 01:35 PM.
    "Don't confuse me with facts, I've already made up my mind!"
    AT&T HTC One X 4.2.2 CleanROM-odexed/Xposed/ ElementalX, Nexus 5 32GB, Nexus 7 32GB (2013)
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    49 Global Posts

I don't plan on rooting so this is a good thing thanks for all your help everyone and stupid one x LOL