Transfer of Music to OneX

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
So, Im one of those that just gave up the SD Card for the One X. I have a couple CD's and photos that I would like to transfer to the OneX, also, can I assign a Music Track as my Ringtone?
Im not sure how to do this, and AT&T gave me a Link to the OneX Manual, "We dont supply manuals anymore", the link did not work-

Lastly is there anyway to Boost The Volume on the Device? Im on a PC running Vista Ultimate 32bit-

1earful

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
also, can I assign a Music Track as my Ringtone?
Im not sure how to do this, and AT&T gave me a Link to the OneX Manual, "We dont supply manuals anymore", the link did not work-

assuming it's the same player as on the int'l hox, go into music player, select your track, then go into settings. there's a ringtone option that includes permitting you to clip the track to the size you want.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
If transfer is the issue, just go get a file manager from the Play Store, such as ES File Manager. Then you can connect to your PC and drag and drop all the music you want to the phone.

For single files, you can just use DropBox or something to move them to the phone.

As a last resort you could cable the phone to your computer.

anon(819941)

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Just plug your cable to your PC and select the storage option from the phone, that will make the storage in your One X show as another drive on your PC. From there on, simply drop your music folders under the Music folder.

If you don't like cables, Air Droid is a great app to transfer stuff (among many other things) over Wifi, but note that the transfer speed will be slower than through the cable, so this is only recommended for small sets of data. If your transferring GBs worth of music, the cable is the best way to go (assuming you are talking about a music collection stored on your PC).

Good Luck

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Just plug your cable to your PC and select the storage option from the phone, that will make the storage in your One X show as another drive on your PC. From there on, simply drop your music folders under the Music folder.

If you don't like cables, Air Droid is a great app to transfer stuff (among many other things) over Wifi, but note that the transfer speed will be slower than through the cable, so this is only recommended for small sets of data. If your transferring GBs worth of music, the cable is the best way to go (assuming you are talking about a music collection stored on your PC).

Good Luck
Can you do the same with notification sounds as well? Is there a separate folder for each kind.of.sound?

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I spoke with HTC, learned I can do some really coool things. However, I didn't get a solid.answer to my question . When you.connect to the PC via USB, AND Select disk- do you have to add a Music folder, ringtones, notifications, alarms etc- to te OneX files?
I have some Jeff Dunham Achmed, Jose sounds, I want to use for notifications and alarms.
Then drag and drop the sounds?
I have 2 CD's, each in a folder. Just drag and drop them on the Music folder? Are these folders already on the OneX or do I have to create them?

prEvo

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Try Ringdroid. It has a very nice editor, and you can assign your new ringtone to a contact right after you make it.

dodge3003

Jun 5, 2012
Visit site
@Itsaraid

1. Even though the guys may not have answered your question perfectly NOT ONCE have you offered any thanks to any of them! Shame on you sir! :'(

2. All the folders you mentioned above our already on the phone. Why don'd you just get a file manager and spend a minute to have a look?

3 Your can use the music app, pick a tune and then add as a ringtone any time you like. Just as 1earful mentioned above.

4. You ask about volume increase? Are you rooted? If so, what kind of ROM and Kernel? If not and you are using stock Sense 4.0 there are many 'so called' volume increasing apps and in my opinion most do not work. I have heard 'Volume+ works for some people, there is a free version and a paid version. Here is the link https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...store%2Fsearch%3Fq%3Dvolume%2B&token=IuTlg2qR There is FX Extreme a very handy FREE app on the XDA forum but only for rooted Sense ROMS. It's the one I use and I highly recommend it. there is Voodooo if you are running a kernel with the Voodooo patches built in?

5. If you are still on stock sense and want to make alterations to notifications etc, etc, just place your audio in the relevant folder using any of the many 'file manager' apps that are all free and easy to use. Link here.. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om/store/search?q=file+manager&token=-IQhZvCU

6.If you are still on stock Sense, find the 'Personalis(z)e' button, click it, click 'notification sound' and make your changes as desired from the option laid out in front of you.

7.So, you have 'sound set', 'ringtone', notification sounds', Alarm' and many more options with in this options mentioned.

OK! I have given you more than enough information for your issue. In fact I believe I have provided all the info you required. Most of it you could of quickly discovered yourself with half an hours effort!

Now the time I have saved you over the next few months and years of altering your audio please use it wisely. Use the spare time to brush up on your less than stella manners, then maybe you will get more help in the forums? Have you ever offered any decent level of help to anybody stuck with an issue? By looking at your comment history it does seem so.

Android lesson done
Manners lesson done

A brighter future is ahead now I do believe! Good luck and Fairly well young sir :)

Last edited:

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
@Dodge3003

1. First let me clarify something, there is nothing wrong with my "Manners", I posted via the OneX and it does not offer a thanks button. A/C has Lots of "Monitors" and im sure if my mannerism was out of synch they would correct me.

2. I have made several calls to HTC, and while the staffing are pleasant to deal with I have been given conflicting information, which resulted in my posting here within the forum.

3. I do not appreciate the incinuation that I am "Lazy" as you infered, I just left a "Nightmare Experience" with the Atrix2, it took me 4-5 months to get AT&T to do anything for me, and I did not want to do anything that would mess the OneX up, so I felt it was important to arm myself with solid information. BTW, contrary to your advice, the Folders ARE NOT on the phone already, Music, Ringtones, Notifications and alarms, per the HTC Technician-

4- Thank you!

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Icebike thank you, I appreciate your help. I think you said you have the international version, I have the AT&T version. HTC tech said no, another said use synch, another said yes, (lol)

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Plug phone into computer. Create a "media" folder if you don't have one.
Under media create a "notifications" very folder.
Then use either stock settings to choose tones or the app I prefer is Ringo Pro which allows tins of customization for ring and text tones. It will find any audio file to use. Also if you have Play Music it is easier, at least for me, to find what I am looking for.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Plug phone into computer. Create a "media" folder if you don't have one.
Under media create a "notifications" very folder.
Then use either stock settings to choose tones or the app I prefer is Ringo Pro which allows tins of customization for ring and text tones. It will find any audio file to use. Also if you have Play Music it is easier, at least for me, to find what I am looking for.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Actually that is not the structure my International HOX came with.

Under SD card there were
Notifications
Ringtones
Pictures
Podcasts

and a few other directories of course. (Yes, they were capitalized).

Not sure the actual location matters, but the system did find all the Ringtones and Notification tones that I put in the corresponding directory.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Thank you to all, who helped me with this, Yes the folders are on the Phone already, however I had to pull down the notification bar to access the choice of "DiskDrive", and by the way, you CAN use a full Music Track from a CD as a ringtone w/o being forced to clip it in size, Whoopee!

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Why dont you use the HTC Sync ManageR? i used it last night and it brought my iTunes right over!

I simply dragged my old itunes music folder over to the phone via wifi.

Why cable? That's so iPhone.

Time to break those old habits.

Sent from my HOX

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1