Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TLD1
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Call volume

I'm having problems with, as the title suggests, my call volume. Even at max volume, it is usually too quite for me. Does anyone know of an app that can boost the volume of the ear piece? I'm not rooted, but I don't mind doing it; I just haven't had a reason to do so yet.
    Any ideas?

Volume +

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    163 Global Posts

Default Re: Call volume

Quote Originally Posted by prissysox View Post
    Volume +

Volume+ doesn't really work with the One X. I've tried it and communicated with the developer and was advised it needed some modifications to work, and that the improvement would be minimal at best.

ETA: Go into Settings/Call and tick Hearing aids. That will increase the in call volume some.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

Thanks for the tip about the Hearing Aid's option. I had to enable this to even remotely hear people on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethere View Post
    Thanks for the tip about the Hearing Aid's option. I had to enable this to even remotely hear people on the phone.
    Maybe that's a hint to visit the hearing aid store?

/ running and ducking...

Global Posts
    1,842 Global Posts

I'm REALLY glad to find this topic, since I am contemplating trading my iPhone 4s for a friends HOX in the next day or so. Due to an accident years ago, I have some real hearing loss issues with my right (phone) ear.

Incoming call volume is hugely important to me, and the iPhone is barely useable for me. No matter how cool the phone is...if I can't hear callers through the damn earpiece, what good is it to me?

Guess I'm staying put if this is a common problem with this device.

Bummer.

I wanted something new.

Global Posts
    1,096 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS

I always thought the OneX's earpiece was loud enough. From going to play with the demo units they have at the AT&T store, those are very loud.
    my Nexus 5 32GB

This is a non issue. My one x is loud and clear. Sounds like faulty hardware to me. I'm sure many other would confirm this. If it's still under warranty bring it back and get a new phone.

Try the app 'volume boost'.
    Last edited by samanthanielquel; 01-30-2013 at 08:15 AM.

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts

My first One X had low volume but since I had to get a replacement my new one is much louder.

I don't know if this will help you but I noticed that if you position your ear a little higher on the tip part of the phone and angle it out a little it helps me hear much louder and clearer.
    If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Quote Originally Posted by davistld01 View Post
    I'm REALLY glad to find this topic, since I am contemplating trading my iPhone 4s for a friends HOX in the next day or so. Due to an accident years ago, I have some real hearing loss issues with my right (phone) ear.

Incoming call volume is hugely important to me, and the iPhone is barely useable for me. No matter how cool the phone is...if I can't hear callers through the damn earpiece, what good is it to me?

Guess I'm staying put if this is a common problem with this device.

Bummer.

I wanted something new.
    The HOX is much louder then my iPhone 4 ever was if this helps you.
    The ringers are also louder then the iPhone as a matter of fact the only ringer on the iPhone that was worth anything was the Old Phone ringer and that is the one you hear all the time.

I was at my favorite bar the other night and every time someones iphone rang everybody was pulling out their phones to see if it was theirs. lol
    If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Global Posts
    1,842 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dukeblue91 View Post
    The HOX is much louder then my iPhone 4 ever was if this helps you.
    The ringers are also louder then the iPhone as a matter of fact the only ringer on the iPhone that was worth anything was the Old Phone ringer and that is the one you hear all the time.

I was at my favorite bar the other night and every time someones iphone rang everybody was pulling out their phones to see if it was theirs. lol
    I had the same experience at Best Buy the other night around the Apple Computer display. One guys iPhone rang the old, familiar "Marimba" ringtone...and people all around reached into their pockets or purse believing it was their phone that rang!

Priceless!
    dukeblue91 likes this.

If you had sent your screen for replacement and are suffering from low volume.. This could be the reason

The dudes over at the service place didn't remove all the protective plastic that come with a new screen... There was this small plastic piece protecting the earpiece from behind the holes.. it was sitting between the holes and on the earpiece speaker. Removed it and what a difference..