How is it acceptable to not include headphones

opec

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm not asking for beats audio headphones, but at least throw in a cheap pair with a microphone like every other phone. This is a flagship device, from a company that owns (at least part of) a premium headphone manufacturer...

Reactions: xXBLACKBERRYXx5

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
They should throw in beats though the phone does come with beats audio so why even throw in a cheaper pair they should include the ibeats like the rezound

Sent from my Galaxy SIII on Ultimatum Rom using Tapatalk 2

Will1524

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I also agree they could have given us some ibeats type of headphones

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Well i have a skyrocket and it even came with a pretty good pair of headphones. I dont understand how AT&T and HTC can advertise about how great the audio on the device is, yet not include ibeats.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

BloodDonor

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I was surprised initially not to get headphones with the phone, though i can't keep the little ones in my ears for more than 10 seconds at a time, so they're not much use to me anyway, i end up using ones with ear clips :)

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
This is just a fail on both AT&T and HTC but more on HTC if the one s doesn't have earphones either

Sent from my Galaxy SIII on Ultimatum Rom using Tapatalk 2

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Not to rub it in, but I got a pair of the urbeats ear buds for free when I got my one x. The store manager threw them in to make up for a bad interaction I had...they are freakin sweet!

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Not to rub it in, but I got a pair of the urbeats ear buds for free when I got my one x. The store manager threw them in to make up for a bad interaction I had...they are freakin sweet!

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Hell, if anyone even feigns intrest, we'll lower the price of the phone and include the buds for the $200 price tag.

PraetorianGuard

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I dont really care if I get headphones with a phone or not. 1: Most of the times the ones you get are , 2: I have a bluetooth headset I would rather use, and if I wanted to use headphones then I have my 100 US Skull Candies.

I would rather see a 10 or 50 bucks off the phone rather then including a set of headphones I would most likely throw in the bin anyway

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Ive not had a set of headphones with a phone since back in bb storm days. And this 2012 wired headphones suck BT are the way to go.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

ricethief

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I wished they would have left the Beats Audio logo off the phone all together. This is the first phone I've bought in years that did not have headphones included. Even the cheaper phones I buy my mom come with headphones.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
With my last 3 phones (GNex, Evo3D, BlackBerry Curve), I haven't even taken the included headphones out of the plastic. Bundled headphones are wasted on me. I want some quality headphones. (currently using sennheisers)

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
My international version of the One X came with headphones in the box.
Nothing fancy mind you.

Beats Audio almost makes them acceptable. Well, no, not really.

Last edited:

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
I never use them anyway so it does not make any difference to me. Even the Beats ones I got with the Rezound sit unused. I need real headphones or clipped ear buds. The others just fall out. This reminds me of my old Blackberry days when people got bent out of shape over not getting hands free kits or holsters with some models lol

MacBook

May 17, 2010
Visit site
yea i thought that was BS too.. my s3 came with a decent set of headphone but not the one X i gave to the wife...

Yeah It was a pleasant surprise when I looked in my S3 box and seen matching headphones :) thats very rare Nowadays.. And they are actually very decent Headphones at that.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I never use them anyway so it does not make any difference to me. Even the Beats ones I got with the Rezound sit unused. I need real headphones or clipped ear buds. The others just fall out.

I have the same problem, which has bugged me for years.
Drives me nuts while out jogging.

Finally got a pair of Yurbuds. They lock in fairly well. Never fall out.

Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2

DavidsTech

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I dont really care if I get headphones with a phone or not. 1: Most of the times the ones you get are , 2: I have a bluetooth headset I would rather use, and if I wanted to use headphones then I have my 100 US Skull Candies.

I would rather see a 10 or 50 bucks off the phone rather then including a set of headphones I would most likely throw in the bin anyway

Since they are not doing that they should have included headphones like the other high end smartphones. Maybe HTC does not consider the One series high end.

DavidJ726

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I wished they would have left the Beats Audio logo off the phone all together. This is the first phone I've bought in years that did not have headphones included. Even the cheaper phones I buy my mom come with headphones.

I agree, and I really don't see what's the big deal with Beats. From what little reading I've done on it, it simply provides isolated circuitry and deeper bass? Personally I want to hear all of the musical notes in song, a driving base beat that drowns out everything else does nothing for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy