How is it acceptable to not include headphones

dmxjago

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Regardless that is not the point if the headphones are crappy or not it should have come with headphones like most phones. This is the first smartphone I have purchased without headphones. Here is a list of my last couple of phones that came with Headphones.
-Original iPhone
-iPhone 3g
-Palm Pre
-Motorola Droid 1
-Droid X
-Dell Venue (WP7)
-iPhone 4s

Now i got a HTC One X and especially bc they advertise beats audio and they don't come with any head phones LMAO!!!! I went out and bought me some Beats Audio the meadium sized ones, not the biggest size, but the next bigger size. I would of probably had gotten these headphones regardless if the phone came with small ear phones or not, but the point is you pay a good buck so it should be included. I would probably use it once in a while when i do not feel like have huge head phones on.

IMO LAME!!!!!!! I gotta be honest this is the first HTC phone i own and i love the phone in General, but I can't say i'm impressed by HTC.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Don't blame HTC, blame AT&T. They are the ones who tried to go as cheap as possible. (16gigs).

Like I said, the international versions came with ear buds.

Sent from my HOX

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
I feel that I need to point something out. Beats (the company) doesn't manufacture headphones at all. That was left up to Monster. That deal has fallen through, leaving Beats without a manufacturer, and Monster without a marketable brand. Beats has always been a software company, with a large amount of marketing thrown in.

I would rather not get headphones in the box if it's going to cost me extra, because I'm going to replace them anyway. Even if the $100 urbeats came with it, I wouldn't use them. They are too bass heavy IMO, without enough mid and high to sound anywhere close to natural.

If you want really cheap headphones that make some noise then go spend $5 on the cheapest pair you can find. Or spend a little more to get a lot better set. :)

The idea that not including headphones of any kind makes this phone not high-end is kinda funny.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Don't blame HTC, blame AT&T. They are the ones who tried to go as cheap as possible. (16gigs).

Like I said, the international versions came with ear buds.

Sent from my HOX

Yep and in the BlackBerry side of things its the.sane way the TMobilr or Rogers version may come with th and the AT&T may not or the same acrssorirs. Or the same with Verizon and Sprint. Included acessoties are determined at least in part by the carrier.

YourMobileGuru

Formerly VZWRocks
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Regardless that is not the point if the headphones are crappy or not it should have come with headphones like most phones. This is the first smartphone I have purchased without headphones. Here is a list of my last couple of phones that came with Headphones.
-Original iPhone
-iPhone 3g
-Palm Pre
-Motorola Droid 1
-Droid X
-Dell Venue (WP7)
-iPhone 4s

Now i got a HTC One X and especially bc they advertise beats audio and they don't come with any head phones LMAO!!!! I went out and bought me some Beats Audio the meadium sized ones, not the biggest size, but the next bigger size. I would of probably had gotten these headphones regardless if the phone came with small ear phones or not, but the point is you pay a good buck so it should be included. I would probably use it once in a while when i do not feel like have huge head phones on.

IMO LAME!!!!!!! I gotta be honest this is the first HTC phone i own and i love the phone in General, but I can't say i'm impressed by HTC.

You have just been lucky and chosen phones that were exceptoons to the rule. Most other phones dont. If you've had all of phrse phones come with headsets surely a couple are still floating around. Dig one of them out and call it good :)

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
There was an article about beats and htc sawing they opted to not include headphones. My HTC aria had HTC branded headphones. They are cheap but do what I want lol

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

arterio

Jun 10, 2012
Visit site
I hate to be a stick in the mud with this one guys, but I think you're all whining about a really pathetic cause. I don't think it was cheap, or stupid of HTC or AT&T to not include ear buds with the phone. I think it was smart.

Honestly, you guys are saying that they should have even come with a cheap pair of headphones, but what would the point of that be? Chances are you already have a decent pair, and compared to anything you'd get from AT&T they'd probably be leaps and bounds better. If you did get some, what would you have done with them? Probably just tossed them in the drawer of your desk because you already have a good pair. Or complained about the fact that they gave out a cheap pair of headphones and it would have been better if they just didn't include any. LOL!

I have 4 pairs of wired ear buds that came with old phones in my desk drawer at home. 3 of which are still in their original packaging. I have a really good pair of Bluetooth headphones that I use. So the fact that my phone didn't come with another pair of cheap headphones that I'd throw in my desk drawer, makes me happy.

Reactions: SAENZ_SCENE

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. Spend some money and get a pair. A good pair. Then you won't have to worry about lack of headphones with new phones. If your a music person(which I am) it's a good investment for a good pair. You will be glad in the long run. Some of my favorite are the klipsch ones.with the money.

Sent from my HTC One XL

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, you guys are saying that they should have even come with a cheap pair of headphones, but what would the point of that be?

The point is that you often need just a cheap pair to take phone calls with when you have to work hands free, or in a noisy environment and can't hear. A cheap pair you can leave on your desk, or stuff in your pocket without risking your expensive pair.

How good do they have to be to listen to a pod cast on the train or bus?
How good for tune in radio talk shows or listening to a ball game without disturbing people near by?
How good to listen the the FM Radio app which won't work unless the headphones are plugged in (corded, because the cord is also the antenna).

I use the cheap pair that came with my HOX for all of these purposes. I save my Yurbud Ironmans for running.

Does your mom even own a pair of good phones? Most people don't.

These things cost less than 5 bucks, It wouldn't have killed AT&T to include them in the box like HTC did for the international version?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
The point is that you often need just a cheap pair to take phone calls with when you have to work hands free, or in a noisy environment and can't hear. A cheap pair you can leave on your desk, or stuff in your pocket without risking your expensive pair.

How good do they have to be to listen to a pod cast on the train or bus?
How good for tune in radio talk shows or listening to a ball game without disturbing people near by?
How good to listen the the FM Radio app which won't work unless the headphones are plugged in (corded, because the cord is also the antenna).

I use the cheap pair that came with my HOX for all of these purposes. I save my Yurbud Ironmans for running.

Does your mom even own a pair of good phones? Most people don't.

These things cost less than 5 bucks, It wouldn't have killed AT&T to include them in the box like HTC did for the international version?

Your point is also my counterpoint. They only cost $5. And they'll probably fit better than anything that would be included.

DavidJ726

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I think it's safe to say that the carriers as well as the manufacturers are all trying to reduce their costs. It began with multi-lingual documentation, then the user manual disappeared from print (available as PDF now), packaging has slimmed down, and even high end phones don't always come with the micro SD cards. So while $5 may not seem like a lot, $5 at 10M units sold equals $50M, unless my math is incorrect. For a manufacturer or carrier, that's A LOT of money to throw away when most user's don't want or need a cheap pair of ear buds.

And to put things in perspective, how many of us have sat down and complained to Hagen das, Dryers, Bryers, or some other ice cream manufacturer, because the quart containers are no longer quarts, but the prices didn't decline? Shoot.... a mini blizzard at DQ costs nearly $3.... I bet if we all stopped eating ice cream for a month or two we'd be able to buy a really good pair of headsets!! :D

Shadowtc

May 17, 2012
Visit site
I think it's safe to say that the carriers as well as the manufacturers are all trying to reduce their costs. It began with multi-lingual documentation, then the user manual disappeared from print (available as PDF now), packaging has slimmed down, and even high end phones don't always come with the micro SD cards. So while $5 may not seem like a lot, $5 at 10M units sold equals $50M, unless my math is incorrect. For a manufacturer or carrier, that's A LOT of money to throw away when most user's don't want or need a cheap pair of ear buds.

And to put things in perspective, how many of us have sat down and complained to Hagen das, Dryers, Bryers, or some other ice cream manufacturer, because the quart containers are no longer quarts, but the prices didn't decline? Shoot.... a mini blizzard at DQ costs nearly $3.... I bet if we all stopped eating ice cream for a month or two we'd be able to buy a really good pair of headsets!! :D

Ok the sd card thing most cell phones now have ineternal so no need for sd's to be included. The less packaging is so that they go green and well ice cream and phonesaccessories are not the same thing
Edit do 500 * the 10mil they sold take away the money it took to make them which ain't much and then the 5 extra for the buds they are still getting a lot
Sent from my Galaxy SIII on Ultimatum Rom and OC using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
Most phones I've gotten which came with earbuds I barely used longer than 1/2 an hr cause
they ended up hurting my ears.

For the most part I don't expect any to be packaged, but if they are, that's a nice gesture but not needed.

When I started buying Samsung devices I was impressed that not only they came with earbuds but decent ones I can wear and not feel any pain or discomfort. Currently I'm up to 4 pair and have started giving them away every time someone in my family needs one.

Tappin' from my SGP 5.0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37