Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 41
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default How is it acceptable to not include headphones

    I'm not asking for beats audio headphones, but at least throw in a cheap pair with a microphone like every other phone. This is a flagship device, from a company that owns (at least part of) a premium headphone manufacturer...
    Thanked by:
  2. #2  

    Default Re: How is it acceptable to not include headphones

    yea i thought that was BS too.. my s3 came with a decent set of headphone but not the one X i gave to the wife...
    Thanked by:
  3. #3  

    Default

    They should throw in beats though the phone does come with beats audio so why even throw in a cheaper pair they should include the ibeats like the rezound

    Sent from my Galaxy S3 on Ultimatum Rom using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  4. #4  

    Default

    I also agree they could have given us some ibeats type of headphones

    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  5. #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cashinout View Post
    I also agree they could have given us some ibeats type of headphones

    Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    Well i have a skyrocket and it even came with a pretty good pair of headphones. I dont understand how AT&T and HTC can advertise about how great the audio on the device is, yet not include ibeats.

    Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  6. #6  

    Default Re: How is it acceptable to not include headphones

    I was surprised initially not to get headphones with the phone, though i can't keep the little ones in my ears for more than 10 seconds at a time, so they're not much use to me anyway, i end up using ones with ear clips
  7. #7  

    Default

    This is just a fail on both AT&T and HTC but more on HTC if the one s doesn't have earphones either

    Sent from my Galaxy S3 on Ultimatum Rom using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:
  8. #8  
    kygator13's Avatar

    Posts
    577 Posts
    Global Posts
    873 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Jelly Bean

    Default

    Not to rub it in, but I got a pair of the urbeats ear buds for free when I got my one x. The store manager threw them in to make up for a bad interaction I had...they are freakin sweet!

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
  9. #9  

    Default Re: How is it acceptable to not include headphones

    Quote Originally Posted by kygator13 View Post
    Not to rub it in, but I got a pair of the urbeats ear buds for free when I got my one x. The store manager threw them in to make up for a bad interaction I had...they are freakin sweet!

    Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    Hell, if anyone even feigns intrest, we'll lower the price of the phone and include the buds for the $200 price tag.
  10. #10  
    PraetorianGuard's Avatar

    Posts
    33 Posts
    ROM
    Stock but rooted

    Default Re: How is it acceptable to not include headphones

    I dont really care if I get headphones with a phone or not. 1: Most of the times the ones you get are , 2: I have a bluetooth headset I would rather use, and if I wanted to use headphones then I have my 100 US Skull Candies.

    I would rather see a 10 or 50 bucks off the phone rather then including a set of headphones I would most likely throw in the bin anyway
    l00natic71 likes this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: How is it acceptable to not include headphones

    Three months of free service, a polycarbonate carrying case, and a car dock should also be thrown in for free...
    Thanked by:
    BloodDonor likes this.
  12. #12  
    moosc's Avatar
    Grand Master Moosc

    Posts
    3,439 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,512 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

    Default

    Ive not had a set of headphones with a phone since back in bb storm days. And this 2012 wired headphones suck BT are the way to go.

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
  13. #13  

    Default Re: How is it acceptable to not include headphones

    I wished they would have left the Beats Audio logo off the phone all together. This is the first phone I've bought in years that did not have headphones included. Even the cheaper phones I buy my mom come with headphones.
    DavidJ726 likes this.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: How is it acceptable to not include headphones

    With my last 3 phones (GNex, Evo3D, BlackBerry Curve), I haven't even taken the included headphones out of the plastic. Bundled headphones are wasted on me. I want some quality headphones. (currently using sennheisers)
  15. #15  

    Default Re: How is it acceptable to not include headphones

    My international version of the One X came with headphones in the box.
    Nothing fancy mind you.

    Beats Audio almost makes them acceptable. Well, no, not really.
    Last edited by icebike; 07-25-2012 at 12:34 PM.
  16. #16  
    YourMobileGuru's Avatar
    Formerly VZWRocks

    Posts
    2,634 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

    Default Re: How is it acceptable to not include headphones

    I never use them anyway so it does not make any difference to me. Even the Beats ones I got with the Rezound sit unused. I need real headphones or clipped ear buds. The others just fall out. This reminds me of my old Blackberry days when people got bent out of shape over not getting hands free kits or holsters with some models lol
    Android is all about Personal Choice: Droid RAZR HD, Droid DNA, SGSIII, SG Note 2, HTC One X+, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus4... Hating is so Apple... we're better than that!

    Correcting Some of the Shared Everything Misinformation * My Phone Collection

    PSA - Verizon Galaxy Nexus Signal Strength Comparison
  17. #17  
    MacBook's Avatar

    Posts
    172 Posts
    Global Posts
    216 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: How is it acceptable to not include headphones

    Quote Originally Posted by Dramer77 View Post
    yea i thought that was BS too.. my s3 came with a decent set of headphone but not the one X i gave to the wife...
    Yeah It was a pleasant surprise when I looked in my S3 box and seen matching headphones thats very rare Nowadays.. And they are actually very decent Headphones at that.
  18. #18  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VZWRocks View Post
    I never use them anyway so it does not make any difference to me. Even the Beats ones I got with the Rezound sit unused. I need real headphones or clipped ear buds. The others just fall out.
    I have the same problem, which has bugged me for years.
    Drives me nuts while out jogging.

    Finally got a pair of Yurbuds. They lock in fairly well. Never fall out.

    Sent from my A700 using Tapatalk 2
  19. #19  

    Default Re: How is it acceptable to not include headphones

    Quote Originally Posted by PraetorianGuard View Post
    I dont really care if I get headphones with a phone or not. 1: Most of the times the ones you get are , 2: I have a bluetooth headset I would rather use, and if I wanted to use headphones then I have my 100 US Skull Candies.

    I would rather see a 10 or 50 bucks off the phone rather then including a set of headphones I would most likely throw in the bin anyway
    Since they are not doing that they should have included headphones like the other high end smartphones. Maybe HTC does not consider the One series high end.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: How is it acceptable to not include headphones

    Quote Originally Posted by ricethief View Post
    I wished they would have left the Beats Audio logo off the phone all together. This is the first phone I've bought in years that did not have headphones included. Even the cheaper phones I buy my mom come with headphones.
    I agree, and I really don't see what's the big deal with Beats. From what little reading I've done on it, it simply provides isolated circuitry and deeper bass? Personally I want to hear all of the musical notes in song, a driving base beat that drowns out everything else does nothing for me.
  21. #21  
    dmxjago's Avatar

    Posts
    160 Posts
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts

    Default Re: How is it acceptable to not include headphones

    Regardless that is not the point if the headphones are crappy or not it should have come with headphones like most phones. This is the first smartphone I have purchased without headphones. Here is a list of my last couple of phones that came with Headphones.
    -Original iPhone
    -iPhone 3g
    -Palm Pre
    -Motorola Droid 1
    -Droid X
    -Dell Venue (WP7)
    -iPhone 4s

    Now i got a HTC One X and especially bc they advertise beats audio and they don't come with any head phones LMAO!!!! I went out and bought me some Beats Audio the meadium sized ones, not the biggest size, but the next bigger size. I would of probably had gotten these headphones regardless if the phone came with small ear phones or not, but the point is you pay a good buck so it should be included. I would probably use it once in a while when i do not feel like have huge head phones on.

    IMO LAME!!!!!!! I gotta be honest this is the first HTC phone i own and i love the phone in General, but I can't say i'm impressed by HTC.
    MacBook likes this.
  22. #22  

    Default

    Don't blame HTC, blame AT&T. They are the ones who tried to go as cheap as possible. (16gigs).

    Like I said, the international versions came with ear buds.

    Sent from my HOX
  23. #23  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,707 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,884 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: How is it acceptable to not include headphones

    I feel that I need to point something out. Beats (the company) doesn't manufacture headphones at all. That was left up to Monster. That deal has fallen through, leaving Beats without a manufacturer, and Monster without a marketable brand. Beats has always been a software company, with a large amount of marketing thrown in.

    I would rather not get headphones in the box if it's going to cost me extra, because I'm going to replace them anyway. Even if the $100 urbeats came with it, I wouldn't use them. They are too bass heavy IMO, without enough mid and high to sound anywhere close to natural.

    If you want really cheap headphones that make some noise then go spend $5 on the cheapest pair you can find. Or spend a little more to get a lot better set.

    The idea that not including headphones of any kind makes this phone not high-end is kinda funny.
    Kevin F.I.M.T.K. O'Quinn Esq.
  24. #24  
    YourMobileGuru's Avatar
    Formerly VZWRocks

    Posts
    2,634 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by icebike View Post
    Don't blame HTC, blame AT&T. They are the ones who tried to go as cheap as possible. (16gigs).

    Like I said, the international versions came with ear buds.

    Sent from my HOX
    Yep and in the BlackBerry side of things its the.sane way the TMobilr or Rogers version may come with th and the AT&T may not or the same acrssorirs. Or the same with Verizon and Sprint. Included acessoties are determined at least in part by the carrier.
  25. #25  
    YourMobileGuru's Avatar
    Formerly VZWRocks

    Posts
    2,634 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,271 Global Posts
    ROM
    what's wrong with stock?

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Movadoevo8 View Post
    Regardless that is not the point if the headphones are crappy or not it should have come with headphones like most phones. This is the first smartphone I have purchased without headphones. Here is a list of my last couple of phones that came with Headphones.
    -Original iPhone
    -iPhone 3g
    -Palm Pre
    -Motorola Droid 1
    -Droid X
    -Dell Venue (WP7)
    -iPhone 4s

    Now i got a HTC One X and especially bc they advertise beats audio and they don't come with any head phones LMAO!!!! I went out and bought me some Beats Audio the meadium sized ones, not the biggest size, but the next bigger size. I would of probably had gotten these headphones regardless if the phone came with small ear phones or not, but the point is you pay a good buck so it should be included. I would probably use it once in a while when i do not feel like have huge head phones on.

    IMO LAME!!!!!!! I gotta be honest this is the first HTC phone i own and i love the phone in General, but I can't say i'm impressed by HTC.
    You have just been lucky and chosen phones that were exceptoons to the rule. Most other phones dont. If you've had all of phrse phones come with headsets surely a couple are still floating around. Dig one of them out and call it good :-)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

B