I'm looking for a good screen capture app

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a good screen capture app with no spam or ads. Looking for a free app but if it's worth it, will pay a few bucks. What are your thoughts?

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Haha, sorry for the total noon question, but yes, power+home works

Thanks!

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I wish people would not post the Power Plus Volume down suggestion.

That it works at all is an undocumented quirk, and it does not always work. (It never works on my international version)

HTC's official page on this is here
Capturing the HTC?One?X screen

Or launch Showme, hit the search button, and type the two words screen shot.

1earful

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
i'm on an int'l stock one x and power + volume down results in a screen shot that includes showing the ringtone volume notification right across the middle of the screen! go figure.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
i'm on an int'l stock one x and power + volume down results in a screen shot that includes showing the ringtone volume notification right across the middle of the screen! go figure.

Is your timing off a little bit maybe? I've never had this problem. I'm on the AT&T One X, but that particular feature isn't dependent on the processor, and the software is the same (or it wouldn't work at all).

1earful

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Is your timing off a little bit maybe? I've never had this problem. I'm on the AT&T One X, but that particular feature isn't dependent on the processor, and the software is the same (or it wouldn't work at all).

could be. but then that means it doesn't work for me as well as the other method. someone also mentioned in another thread that power + volume up causes significant problems. (i admit i don't remember the details and decided not to test to determine whether that is true or not.) so for klutzy types: power + volume down may not be the best solution.

ZeroRilix

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
Try holding power and hit home. That is the second known method for taking a screen shot with stock software.

Sent from my HTC Vivid

LesMiserables

Jan 10, 2011
Visit site
I wish people would not post the Power Plus Volume down suggestion.

That it works at all is an undocumented quirk, and it does not always work. (It never works on my international version)

HTC's official page on this is here
Capturing the HTC?One?X screen

Or launch Showme, hit the search button, and type the two words screen shot.
You do know that the 'power + volume down' is the stock android method for taking screen shots right? Since the one x is an android device it's reasonable that using the stock method would work.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams