WiFi and Signal Issues Having Me Consider S3

SloProjeklt

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what can be done about this... but the ever changing, and somewhat dissapointing, Wifi radio on the HOX has me considering returning it for the S3. The Wifi radio on this thing is terrible. I dont think it needs any repeating because there are a number of other threads that address this issue. The antenna for 4G is also iffy for me. Sometimes it'll go from no reception and then saying it has full4g, but not send out any texts or make/receive phone calls. Coming from the iphone 4 where everything just worked, this is beyond an annoyance for me. I checked out the S3 forums and didn't see any threads about wifi or antenna issues, whereas the HOX forum is literred with them.

Anyone else on the fence? I'm within my 30 day return policy. I really like the HOX in every aspect BUT this stupid signal/wifi radio issue. Is there a fix in the works for it? If so, I'll stick with my HOX.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
There is a "Free" app called wifi analyser that may help you tweak your situation. Its extremely helpful- Several Ops have said that they have spoken with HTC Higher Tiered support and was told there is a fix coming shortly for wifi and other things.
I looked at both devices, and for me the winner was the OneX. Their Both Beautiful Devices, but it appears while both have issues, the S-3 has "More Issues" and the "Monkey Wrench" was the screen burn in, and Samsung telling Consumers not to run the display at Full Brightness..
A factual Tidbit, Anand Tech did a realtime comparison and measured the White Brightness on Both the OneX and S-3. The One X measured 507 nit, the S-3 AT&T variant measured 277 nit.
I went into the Store had them side by side, I adjusted the One X Brightness to what I thought visually was full display on the S-3. That was about the 35-40% place on the OneX display Adjust Bar.
The other thing that hit the nail on the Head was support. I called Samsung Support to ask a question, I did not get a good response. Ive called HTC several times, and in each instance the person assisting me was pleasant and helpful.

SloProjeklt

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I agree with everything you're saying. I compared the two at AT&T and the clear winner in terms of screen and design is definitely HOX. Unfortunately, I have that expectation that a phone should just "work". Apple, props to them for designing a phone thats efficient and just works outta the box for the most part. But damn is there stuff getting stale and boring. Which is why i jumped to android.

That's good that they are coming out with a fix for it. I just hope it comes sooner than later. Ive heard horror stories of HTC not supporting their customers, but that could just be people talking... I'm happy with my HOX except for these little quirks. The screen on the S3 is definitely a turn off and i have heard about the burn in issue... hmm. Oh, and storage isnt much of a problem either, I dont use my phone to hold my whole music library, and im constantly deleting things so that the phone runs as smooth as possible and isnt bogged down.

SloProjeklt

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
would swapping it out make a difference? Seems like it's a software issue, not hardware.

I have an N-router, I never had these problems with my iPhone 4, nor do i have them with my laptop.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Swap the phone and find our for sure. I have a abg router from century link and i can reach upstairs in my home and the middle of the cul de sac I live in. sounds like you've made your decision though. wifi issues were on the int'l one x for the most part.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
would swapping it out make a difference? Seems like it's a software issue, not hardware.

I have an N-router, I never had these problems with my iPhone 4, nor do i have them with my laptop.

It could. And the only negative is that you'll need to go to the store again, and then set the phone up again.

Get the GS3 and you wont look back...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Really?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol