need a decent case

prenoobster

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
need some case suggestions for my one x
really like the white on this phone so would prefer a white case that doesn't add alot of bulk
suggestions? pics?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
You can get the Case-Mate barely there. It doesn't add much bulk, but honestly it's kinda hard to take off the phone. It's also glossy white, which isn't for everyone.

I personally use the HTC-made case and the Seidio Active with kickstand when I need more protection. The HTC case adds no bulk, and really probably doesn't offer a ton of protection, either. :p The Seidio case is pretty awesome. It doesn't add as much bulk as you would think, it has a kickstand (which does protrude a bit from the rest of the case), and it protects the phone from drops.

Reactions: bkorver

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm happy with the sturdiness and minimal bulk of the TPU case. I got a clear one to showe off the sexy white. Although I hear it can yellow over time. We'll see.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

terrrrrible

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Don't get the HTC Patterned Shell case. Paid $30 bucks for mine; the thing broke within about a month (and I'm very gentle with my phone). Also, (my own fault) if you don't remove it and clean the back, it'll leave lines across the phone.

prenoobster

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
thanks for the suggestions
ended up going cheap and getting 2 cases on ebay for around 15 bucks
White Nillkin TPU Case+LCD For AT&T HTC HTC One
White Wave Candy Soft Skin TPU Gel Case Cover For HTC ONE X AT&T

will post review once i get them

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Don't get the HTC Patterned Shell case. Paid $30 bucks for mine; the thing broke within about a month (and I'm very gentle with my phone). Also, (my own fault) if you don't remove it and clean the back, it'll leave lines across the phone.

Did you get it straight from AT&T? If so they will warranty it. I had the same thing happen to mine. They replaced it without any hassle. And I also noticed the dirt gathering, which for me isn't a huge deal since it's not actually staining the phone, and I take any case I use off on a regular basis to clean the phone.

terrrrrible

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Did you get it straight from AT&T? If so they will warranty it. I had the same thing happen to mine. They replaced it without any hassle. And I also noticed the dirt gathering, which for me isn't a huge deal since it's not actually staining the phone, and I take any case I use off on a regular basis to clean the phone.

Yeah, I bought it from the local AT&T store. I'll run in and try and see if they'll replace it. I'm just worried they won't because I purchased it a week after the phone came out, so I've had it for two months now already.

checkyoulater

May 23, 2012
Visit site
+1 on all who love their commuters. I got one last week and absolutely find it near perfect for the HOX (it's a pain to take it apart)....

it solved my single design complaint on the HOX the "nipple" effect of the camera jutting out, lol.

SenseMonkey

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
+1 on all who love their commuters. I got one last week and absolutely find it near perfect for the HOX (it's a pain to take it apart)....

it solved my single design complaint on the HOX the "nipple" effect of the camera jutting out, lol.
What about the people with defenders.? You have to admit their pretty great too. Dam things are near to indestructible,but im not complainin,thats awsome lol.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Based on previous experience with both brands, I would get THIS case over the Otterbox Commuter. I'm pretty sure they have a Defender-type case in the works (I've found the page, but when trying to get more info it leads to dead pages), and I would recommend that one over the Defender.

Rifter891

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I have a cimo s-line tpu case. Its pretty good for the price and doesn't add alot of bulk. Got it for 6 bucks at Amazon.com they even have it in white.

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Gotta put my vote in for the otterbox commuter. Great protection, light weight, doesn't add bulk, and protects the camera lens. I have a zagg hd screen protector on mine as I didn't care for the cheap one that came with the otterbox.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie