Sony Smartwatch Issues

bawboh86

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I tried to find this thread elsewhere, and couldn't see one at all. I am a recent HTC One X user (just switched from Verizon to AT&T and got the One X). I use to have the Galaxy Nexus and used a Sony Smartwatch with it. The Smartwatch still works with that phone, but my HTC One X can't seem to find it. I installed Liveware Manager, turn on the watch to see it trying to connect, go into my bluetooth devices on my phone, and nothing shows up when I search for devices. I have been able to successfully connect my One X to a bluetooth headset and to the bluetooth in my car, and again, my Sony Smartwatch is working fine on my old Galaxy Nexus, but I can't seem to get my One X to connect.

Does anyone have any information on this issue? I can't seem to find anything online, besides people talking about how their One X is working fine with it. Thanks in advance for any information.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Is there a way to tell the smartwatch to become visible for pairing?

Can you pair by setting the HOX to be visible and then pair from the smart watch?

Most of us don't have this device, so you probably have to post a link to the on-line smartwatch manual so we can read it for you and tell you how to put it in pairing mode.

rnich120

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Without trying to rub it in, yeah mine is working just fine.

Check your watch is running the latest software...mine updated the second I got it. Maybe do a reboot of your phone.....

Is your watch searching for devices when you r trying to connect it. Check that it is....

bawboh86

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have set the phone to look for devices (and for visibility, but the Smartwatch instructions don't call for that as the Smartwatch only makes itself visible, and doesn't check for visibility of other devices - I did read the instructions before using it in the past ;-)).

As for pairing, I can see that the watch is ready to pair as it shows the special symbol for it (and nothing else, because that's how they work). As for the latest software, I haven't kept it from updating, but that doesn't mean it has. I shall connect it back to my Galaxy Nexus when I get home to double check (as I can't check until it's connected due to the fact that when it's trying to pair, that's all it can do).

As some extra information, my girlfriend also has the One X, and it's not showing up there. I think that what you said, rnich120, is going to be the most likely possibility of keeping it from pairing.

Thanks so much for the help, everyone. I'll post back my results as soon as I can get home and check it out.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Turn off SmartWatch if it is not already turned off.
Press and hold down the power key to restart SmartWatch. The device automatically enters pairing mode.
Place your phone close to your SmartWatch.
Go to the Bluetooth devices list in the Bluetooth settings of your phone. Tap SmartWatch.

Beyond that, I can't help but think yours has old firmware or something.

That being said, I've seen other cases where pairing in high electronic interference areas was impossible, but
once paired the devices continue to operate normally. My HOX couldn't be found by my Car till I turned off a
battery charger in the garage. Then it paired instantly. (I knew the battery charger made a lot of radio noise because
in can be heard on the car stereo).

bawboh86

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Apparently, I needed to try to hook up the watch to my Galaxy Nexus and let it fail. When it did, I guess it reset something in the watch, because I was able to pair it with my One X just fine. Thanks for all the help, everyone. :D

jubin85

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Apparently, I needed to try to hook up the watch to my Galaxy Nexus and let it fail. When it did, I guess it reset something in the watch, because I was able to pair it with my One X just fine. Thanks for all the help, everyone. :D

Hi bawboh86,
I just got my Sony Smartwatch and I am using a Samsung Galaxy Ace, running 2.3.6 version of Android.
I am trying to pair my mobile with the watch but the smartwatch does not show up in my bluetooth device list. I tried multiple times but it never shows up and hence I cannot pair it.
I saw this link where you had a similar issue. Could you please tell me what exactly do u mean by "I needed to try to hook up the watch to my Galaxy Nexus and let it fail"?

Last edited:

jubin85

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi bawboh86,
I just got my Sony Smartwatch and I am using a Samsung Galaxy Ace, running 2.3.6 version of Android.
I am trying to pair my mobile with the watch but the smartwatch does not show up in my bluetooth device list. I tried multiple times but it never shows up and hence I cannot pair it.
I saw this link where you had a similar issue. Could you please tell me what exactly do u mean by "I needed to try to hook up the watch to my Galaxy Nexus and let it fail"?

Last edited:

Gordon Shaw

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I have a razr maxx. Got a Sony smart watch for Christmas. I have connected via Bluetooth but the smartwatch app does does work. I have the app downloaded but it never opened or created a shortcut. Is anyone else having same issue?

Hockey Bill

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I was having the same (frustrating, four letter word inspiring) issues and finally found a solution. I hope this helps a few of you out there. For what it's worth I've got a LG Thrill running gingerbread...
Ok...deep breath....
First off, delete all the software you downloaded for the smartwatch and start with a clean slate. Keeping the watch OFF, download the LiveWare manager app FIRST. Open the app and then seeing the devices listed, open an options like menu and in that you'll see "Add Bluetooth device". This is the critical part (was for me anyway). You MUST pair your smartwatch through the LiveWare app and NOT through your normal phone/bluetooth pairing settings.
Now turn on the smartwatch and pair it. Once paired, the LiveWare app will automatically ask you to download the smartwatch app. This app ultimately runs in the backround and will never be accessible, so don't stress when you can't find it in your downloads. The app will now automatically install and then connect your smartwatch to the phone. You'll now use the LiveWare manager app to add and manage widgets to your smartwatch. To delete the unwanted widgets, you go to your installed app section of your phone and just do your familiar uninstall from there.
FYI - As long as the phone stays on, you can turn the smartwatch off and on at will and it will continue to connect. Turning the phone off shuts down the smartphone app. So when turning on your phone on again, you will need to UNPAIR the smartwatch and then repeat the process for pairing as before to restart the smartwatch app. Once re-paired, you'll see all your widgets intact and the smartwatch app will be running in the backround as before.
I can't guarantee this will solve everyone's problem but it worked for me and hopefully it will help a few others. Good Luck!!!!

bawboh86

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Hockey Bill, these are actually in the instructions that came with the watch (or at least were in my instructions, they may have changed them since I purchased mine several months ago). I have to give you a "Like" for posting them here, though. It's sometimes easier to find these things on the 'net. Although, it's weird that you have to unpair/re-pair the phone to the watch when turning off the phone. I've never had to do that with mine.

wbohanon

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
For those who couldn't pair the smartwatch here is what finally worked for me. Update Liveware Mgr and watch update. Turn off watch and turn back on but don't release power button. My phone found and paired right away. Hope this helps.

Eddie Martinez3

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
thanks bro this trully is the answer after 3 hours it works people you just need to turn it off and then turn it back on with the botton held that resets the device and and it will shut of again like brand new .now turn on and zync with your phone and done

Sheikh Syafiran

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I can't connect my sony smart watch to my android phone (HTC one XL ) BUT my recently phone which is HTC sensation xl it works well ,and i can't even find whats the problem that the smart watch can't connect to my HTC one xl.

smjason

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I just purchased the Note 3 and was not able to connect my Sony Smartwatch 1. All I had to do was unpair it from my SIII and it worked right away.

jcingojo

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
Wow, that was the secret for me! I tried for a whole hour to sync my Sony Smartwatch MN2 with my Sony Z Ultra. You would think that they would sync since they are both Sony products.

The key was to turn the Smartwatch back on but DO NOT RELEASE THE POWER BUTTON. That is when I got the two circular arrows going on the Smartwatch display and I immediately saw my Smartwatch on the Sony Z Ultra Bluetooth page.

Before, I was never able to make Smartwatch appear on the Sony Z Ultra Bluetooth page.

Thanks so much to everyone for helping me solve this problem!!!

jonathan hutson

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site
This is probably not important anymore considering how old this post is and how old the original sony smartwatch is but just incase some lonely traveler encounters this with the same problem I found a way to fix the device not showing up in the bluetooth list without having to have the original phone you paired it with. Its rather simple just hold down the power button not just until it turns off but hold it for a while it will turn off, then on, then off etc hold the powerbutton in until the the watch restarts about 3-4 times and then turn on your bluetooth and scan for devices and it should now appear. Hope this helps :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae